Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water sensor install on F225

Hello,

Where exactly on the power head can I install the fitting for a water pressure gauge on my F225TXR? What about water temperature. Can i combine both with a tee? I see a bolt plug with a gasket on the starboard side head towards the bottom but im not sure if that would be the spot. Or can I read the engine temp off the ECU if i install the Yamaha digital gauges? This boat does not have them.

Comment

Thank you. I was looking thru my phone and found a 2008 rigging guide and saw that same info on page 5-24. So it looks like the TEMPERATURE sender goes on top of the port side thermostat correct? And the PRESSURE fitting is not too clear but would it be that bolt plug towards the bottom of the starboard side head?

On that caution note they are referring to the temp sender correct not the pressure one?

Comment

The temperature sender goes into what Yamaha calls an anode assembly.

The caution note refers to the tube for the pressure sender (fitting). It should refer to the starboard side cylinder. Not the port side cylinder.

Comment

Fairdeal may come along with a photo for the pressure sender fitting. He has photos of everything.

Comment

Thanks a lot. What about installing some digital Yamaha gauges. Which ones can you recommend to me that would give me water pressure and temperature, oil, hours, etc. I have tried looking up some info on installing the NEMA adapter for the gauges but I still dont have a good enough understanding on this. Any tips or avise on the best route to take? In the future i would like to remove all these old unsuable gauges on the console and just watch everything on the MFD screen.

Comment

Originally posted by yzerepzz View Post
              Or can I read the engine temp off the ECU if i install the Yamaha digital gauges? .
              Originally posted by yzerepzz View Post
              In the future i would like to remove all these old unsuable gauges on the console and just watch everything on the MFD screen. .
              With your engine, IMO it makes no sense to consider analog / mechanical gauges;

Do you currently have a NMEA 2000 capable MFD?

My recommendation would be to connect the engine to that -
              it will cost ~$200 USD for the wiring -
              and you will get, direct from the engine ECM,
              rpm, fuel flow rate, engine temp, engine voltage, oil pressure, engine hours

for another ~$100 for the Yamaha sending unit,
              you will also have water jacket pressure

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Fairdeal may come along with a photo for the pressure sender fitting. He has photos of everything.
                The Yamaha pressure sensor:
                (also available as a "kit" with adapter fittings)

On the F225TXR,
                starboard side, low, to the left of the dipstick, remove the stainless plug:

using an appropriate (Yamaha part or generic) 1/8" BSP to M14 thread adapter,
                install the pressure sensor and connect the "W" lead to it:

Comment

Thanks a bunch. You guys are great help.

Comment

Working...
                  X