1990 cv85eld carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 cv85eld carb question

Great website still. You guys have saved me big bucks. I replaced the fuel pump diaphrams as per previous advice. High speed power loss is gone and the idle is bit better. Seafoam is finally available in Victoria, British Columbia.Used Ken's recipe - lots of crude came out. Idle is better but still rough. Accelerates good, pulled pug wires and it dosen't seem to change idle. Checked the lower carb pilot screw - it was 2.5 turns out so I reset it to 1 1/4 turns. Checked the centre carb pilot screw and it was 2 turns out - returned it to this setting. No change in idle. Now the question - can I set the pilot screw to 1 1/4 turns for all three carbs without messing things up?

vicman,
    Short of tearing down those carbs, I would pull the pilot screws all the way out, heck, pull all the jets out and squirt some Berryman's Chemtool into the orifices. Inspect the ends of the pilot screws carefully - should have a nice tapered point - if they are distorted, replace.
    Not going to hurt anything to set all of the pilot screws @ 1 1/4 turns. I don't have a manual on your motor - it will spec the exact turns.
    After my annual shock treatment on my C115, I replace the spark plugs - check yours - maybe put in new ones.
    If that rough idle gets bad enough, you will probably have to tear down carbs, clean, and install a carb kit.
    Don't let that motor set up for more than a couple of weeks w/o being run - even if it is just with the earmuffs on the driveway. For winter storage, follow the owner's manual.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X