9.9 electric choke (yr 1999)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9 electric choke (yr 1999)

Has anyone ever tested a electric choke on a 9.9 Yamaha? I removed it and tried testing it but I had no movement of the piston. Maybe I was testing it incorrectly.

Originally posted by Bobprong View Post
    Has anyone ever tested a electric choke on a 9.9 Yamaha? I removed it and tried testing it but I had no movement of the piston. Maybe I was testing it incorrectly.
    Many have tested an electrical choke. If and when voltage is applied to the choke solenoid the solenoid should react by pulling on a lever. The lever pulls on a choke plate to close it. When power is disconnected the lever and the choke plate should move back to its original position. If there is no movement then the solenoid is kaput.

Many have tested a Primestart fuel enrichment device. When electrical power is applied after a period of time a pin should extend further from the device. It may take a bit of time however. A solenoid reacts instantaneously whereas Primestart takes a while.

There have been many many versions of a Yamaha 9.9 produced. It would helpful to know what model you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
    X