Parts name need to know, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts name need to know, please help

This picture is taken from my Yamaha 4 stroke outboard. I'd like to know the name of parts with question marks in this picture. My friend adjust the coper part to increase idle speed . I think I may adjust the lower screw with spring which marked question mark. which way is the right way to increase idle speed. Thanks
    Attached Files

Is the model of the motor not known?

Comment

I am not sure the OP even knows what motor he has, much less us

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        is the model of the motor not known?
        1997 f50tlrv.

Comment

I am newbie for the this outboard motor, if I know the name I can google it to know what the function of this part. Thanks

Comment

Here it is:
            good luck, since it seems to be just one of two diaphragms on that engine,
            I have no idea what it does or why...

[/url]

Comment

Friends don't let friends mess with their motors.

What is your service manual indicating as the means to adjust the idle RPM?

The copper coloured part is a dash pot. Controls the deceleration of the motor.
              Last edited by boscoe99; 08-20-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                Here it is:
                good luck, since it seems to be just one of two diaphragms on that engine,
                I have no idea what it does or why...

[/url]
                Thank you very very much!, Now I know it is diaphragm assembly, I can search it on the internet to learn its function. I guess it may control air or fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason and Lund View Post

Thank you very very much!, Now I know it is diaphragm assembly, I can search it on the internet to learn its function. I guess it may control air or fuel.
                  It does neither.

Comment

sounds like it just slows down the closing of the throttle plates on the carbs a little

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                      Friends don't let friends mess with their motors.

What is your service manual indicating as the means to adjust the idle RPM?

The copper coloured part is a dash pot. Controls the deceleration of the motor.
                      I bought a boat with this motor on an auction. I don't have service manual. I asked boatnet and want to buy 1997 model manual, the person chatted with me said the manual was not available.
                      Before adjustment the idle speed is 700 RPM, I increased to 800 RPM.

Comment

I don't have service manual. I asked boatnet and want to buy 1997 model manual, the person chatted with me said the manual was not available.
                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/11487175455...3ABFBMtNjY_tdg

Comment

Thanks fairdeal, I will buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                            sounds like it just slows down the closing of the throttle plates on the carbs a little
                            You got it.

Comment

I bought a boat with this motor on an auction. I don't have service manual. I asked boatnet and want to buy 1997 model manual, the person chatted with me said the manual was not available.
                              Before adjustment the idle speed is 700 RPM, I increased to 800 RPM.
                              Interesting. Boats.net includes it in their listing of Yamaha service manuals. Yamaha shows the document as still being available.

Comment

Working...
                              X