Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F225TXR Alarm at IDLE

Hello,

I have a new problem on my F225 TXR. Sometimes when i let the engine idle too long, or when running for a few minutes then dropping the rpm and letting it idle or when going slow in a channel it would sound a solid alarm. The engine does not turn off and I can see the tell tale water stream flowing out fine. Im not sure if the amount of water coming out is as strong as it should be but it does flow out. Then i shut the engine off and turn it back on and it goes away. Sometimes it does it again, other times if i gave it some speed it goes away. Can this be waterflow/overheating related for sure or can it be something else. I have heard of things such as wrong/mis adjusted shifter position? Anyways, when I have time I would like to remove the thermostats and anodes and take a peek inside. I dont know how well the previous owner flushed this engine. What do you guys recommend me to do or check for first? Any good flushing ideas to try and products i can use such as barnacle buster? Although in order to use Barnacle Buster it says i must remove all anodes. Let me know your suggestions. Thanks.

what are your gauges telling you when the alarm sounds?

if it is over temp, then I would look at the stats and PRV maybe it is sticking open, and dumping too much water at Low RPM not letting the power head to be filled all the way up with water

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      what are your gauges telling you when the alarm sounds?

if it is over temp, then I would look at the stats and PRV maybe it is sticking open, and dumping too much water at Low RPM not letting the power head to be filled all the way up with water
      Problem is this is an older boat (1999 Wellcraft 24 Walkaround), and whoever had it before didnt do good work when installing this engine. Most of the guages dont work except fuel and RPM. Now that you talk about the PRV valve, I do notice some water bubbling by the engine on idle but im not sure if it is normal or excessive. Is that valve too complicated to change out? Havent seen it on the engine manual. I was thinking of letting the engine run in a big tub and watching the head temp with an infrared thermometer.

Comment

it would dump the water down the exhaust so you would not see it.
        but I did a quick look at a parts diagram, and I did not see it either, so I am of no help.
        maybe someone else can tell or show you where it is located

Comment

When was the water pump serviced?
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
            I was wondering the same thing...

Comment

it would dump the water down the exhaust so you would not see it.
              but I did a quick look at a parts diagram, and I did not see it either, so I am of no help.
              maybe someone else can tell or show you where it is located
              Found it. Part #8 on top left corner. What about that amount of water bubbling when at idle. How much is normal? I wish i had a video of it. I havent been able to inspect this engine for the exhaust corrosion issue. Do you know if this model year continued with the corrosion problem?

91018BFD-5705-4D81-BFA2-ECA8CDA7F59E.jpeg

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                I am not quite sure when was the last time the previous owner changed it but not too long ago i took the lower unit off to check why the shifter rod was sticking and it seemed to have a new impeller housing and fresh grease. Didn’t take a look at the impeller that time. I will have it serviced when i do the thermostats, prv, anodes, and flush out the entire engine. What else should i include on this list?

Comment

a pic of where the water is bubbling out of might give someone an idea of what you are talking about

Comment

a pic of where the water is bubbling out of might give someone an idea of what you are talking about
                    I will get one and post it. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X