Yamaha shift position/ shift cut off issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha shift position/ shift cut off issue

I have a 2008 Yamaha 200 ran it the other day after shutting it off at the dock it started for a minute and stalled. I have yds and it’s showing a shift position and shift cut off switch codes. It’s attempts to start but shut right down. Has any one experienced this problem or have any suggestions.

can you see with the softwear if the switches are in the proper position?
    if they are not then find out why.
    switch bad, out of adjustment, or a wiring problem maybe

Comment

I can see the top switch I’m thinking is the neutral or shift position switch shows off while in neutral and the other is on.

Comment

do they change as you move the shifter?

Comment

I’ll have to check later this afternoon. Should they flip positions as the which is in and off when shifting from neutral ?

Comment

I cannot say, as I do not know much about that motor, but have read that the shift cut switch is to unload the clutch dogs to make it come out of gear easier

Comment

I’ve heard that’s what it’s for on mine it won’t start when I try to run a static test on yds says it’s running or in gear but it’s it’s off and in neutral so not sure. I’ve heard some where that if it was reved up in neutral can cause it to trim not sure about that

Comment

Okay so tonight I was looking at the motor and shift linkage and noticed a lot of slop to say if I held the shift linkage toward the motor it would start and run fine. So how hard is this to fix or replace? Are there bushings or something that wears out on the slide

Comment

not sure what your problem is, but I would make sure the outer cable jacket is seated properly so it does not move around

Comment

Working...
                  X