2014 f70 loses power upon full throttle from idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 f70 loses power upon full throttle from idle

I have a 2014 f70 and we were out in charleston and upon going from idle to full throttle the engine lost power but didnt quit would idle and run at low speed pretty well.

I brought it back to the house and changed the plugs, t stat, water pump, fuel separators on motor and boat, oil filter and oil, lower gear lube, fuel line and bulb and fuel line connection on the motor.

When I first started it back up in the driveway with hose it had a clicking sound like a valve but I think it was the fuel pump. that is when I changed out the fuel lines and bulb and boat fuel separator and the clicking seemed to go away.

The fuel bulb never gets hard even if I start the engine - engine starts right up and idles great. Should the bulb get hard and stay hard during engine running and engine when not running?

fuel pump is sucking on the primer bulb and line, so it will not be hard/firm

are you sure your alarm and/or gauges work properly to notify you when an overheat or low oil pressure occurs?
    testing that would be a good idea

Comment

Thank you for that response - yes all gauges and alarms work great
      Im reading on forums and you tube videos that the primer bulb should be hard when not running the engine

Is it possible that the diaphragm in the fuel pump is bad and allowing air to get past and therefore not supplying enough fuel at full throttle ?

Comment

Working...
      X