Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad idle hesitating F150 2014 70 hours

Hi there

I bought i boat with an F150 2014 with few hours. The company told me that last owner havent been using it a few years and decided to sell it. The issue was that the fuel was bad. According to the company the took all old gas out. So i did fill it upp with 30 liters. Already from start the enginge did light up the water warning. I shut it down and took out all the fuel and there was still water in the tank. So did flush it. Installed new fuelfilter with seperator and also new engine fuel filter and plugs. I did drain the highpressure resorvar/tank.

But it dosent go 100% at idle it do miss and hesitate.

Can the injectors been bad from the bad fuel. I mean the engine has only 80 hours on it.

I have put injector cleaner and 2 stroke oil without any results..

Any ideas?

New injectors?

send them off to be tested, cleaned and retested.
    you also need to monitor the rail pressure to make sure it is in spec
    draining flushing tank may not get all of the water out.
    may need to open tank, tilt tank or whole boat so all water goes to one corner to be sucked out, and then mop up any remaining water with rags.
    what kind of tank is it?

Comment

Its a plastic tank. Also the resorvar have a bottom plug wich i have drained 3 times after clearing all the water.

Comment

The engine idle is 600 is that normal or should it be 700?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          send them off to be tested, cleaned and retested.
          you also need to monitor the rail pressure to make sure it is in spec
          draining flushing tank may not get all of the water out.
          may need to open tank, tilt tank or whole boat so all water goes to one corner to be sucked out, and then mop up any remaining water with rags.
          what kind of tank is it?
          Its a plastic tank. Also the resorvar have a bottom plug wich i have drained 3 times after clearing all the water.

Comment

you still need to know if rail pressure is in spec
            along with the proper testing and cleaning of the injectors

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              you still need to know if rail pressure is in spec
              along with the proper testing and cleaning of the injectors
              I have done a propper testing and have replaced injectors, highpressure pump, vst filter, fuelfilter outside vst, regulator, internal fuelfilter and the fuelfilter im the boat. So the whole fuelsystem is new.

The reason why i changed everything was.. injectors did shutdown under low load a millisecond.. the pressure was 2.4 insted on 2.6 and the fuel pressure was pending up and down so i changed the regulator.

But it didnt solve the whole problem... eventually i did find out that the workshop did put 1.2 l extra engine oil due to the high engine oil in the intake. So after propper cleaning and new plugs it do idle better but not 100% good.

So i did clean the intake with egr cleaning spray while the engine was running as recomended. The engine do run really good at start but when you drive the boat for 30 min its begin to hesitate again... much better compared before changing the fuelsystem.

I have yds and have run it and no fault code at all.

Any ideas where to look?

What can have taken damage due the two problems i had so far?

Comment

If it's a F150 why are you putting 2 stroke oil in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefish View Post
                  If it's a F150 why are you putting 2 stroke oil in it?
                  Only beacuse here in Sweden they have ethanol in the petrol so its so dry.. but for now wirh new injectors i dont.

Comment

An update for this post. Evantually i did recover the issue. There was huge scratches on the cylinder walls plus the valve seals was blown due to overfilled engine oil. So the engine did blend engine oil and petrol in the same time specially when you did let of the gas. I did return the boat to the company i bought if from. The main cause was that the owner did have water problem 2-3 times since new.

Comment

In my 70 years of life ,I have never heard of overfilling the crankcase could blow valve seals on a 4 stroke motor. And I have worked on all sorts of motors for most of my life.

30 liters of fuel in not a very big fuel tank, and I am not sure how water would get into a small plastic tank.
                      maybe someone dumped old gas out of a portable can into there with water mixed in..
                      or e fuel that sat in the tank for too long sucking moisture out of the air..

Scored cylinder walls from running too lean due to plugged up filters and injectors would be a possibility.

also the oil being diluted with fuel would be another reason.
                      Last edited by 99yam40; 07-30-2023, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I really dont know, the engine had 56 hours in it when i bought it and after chainging the hole fuel system it didnt solve the hole problem. So after a little more trouble shooting the seals seemed to be blown beacuse every time i let the gas and opend the injectors i did see a lot of engine oil in the intake and oil dropping from the intake valves. Im guessing its due to much engine oil but im not 100 sure. Any how the valveseals was blown wich was causing rough idle. Hopefully this theard can help someone with the same issues.

Comment

yes over filled oil can be sucked into the intake thru the crankcase vent PCV.
                          but that is easy to prevent or stop by checking the oil level after oil change or between fuel fills.
                          if not over filled, but diluted with fuel, then you have to find out where and why the fuel is getting into the oil

Comment

Working...
                          X