No announcement yet.

Yamaha F40 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did check the water lines. They look free. I am not sure if I did get the fuel cooler though.

Comment

Few months back, I did have help from a Tech in Malaysia. He found out that water line was blocked. When unblocked, this is when I saw the water flowing from the outlet as described on the the picture. It was at high revs. Now I don't see it flowing anymore. I just checked and I felt some resistance on the line. It came free blowing in it. I will go try it out later. But not sure if it will solve the problem.
      Anyway, I was wondering if you could confirm that water should flow out from that outlet ? In your opinion, could it be that causing the problem ?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderwayMakingway View Post
        Few months back, I did have help from a Tech in Malaysia. He found out that water line was blocked. When unblocked, this is when I saw the water flowing from the outlet as described on the the picture. It was at high revs. Now I don't see it flowing anymore. I just checked and I felt some resistance on the line. It came free blowing in it. I will go try it out later. But not sure if it will solve the problem.
        Anyway, I was wondering if you could confirm that water should flow out from that outlet ? In your opinion, could it be that causing the problem ?

Thank you for your help.
        I know nothing about that motor, hopefully someone that has a motor like that ur someone that has worked on them like Rodbolt17 will come along and answer your question on what that hole is for.

Not sure how you can check by looking to see the water lines to fuel cooler are clear.
        And if the lines or cooler is not allowing water flow there is a good chance the motor can have problems like you are having

What water line was it that the tech found blocked?

And what line did you find some resistance?
        Last edited by 99yam40; 09-08-2015, 08:23 AM.

Comment

I am trying to upload the image but it failed all the time.

But I think I did unblock the pipe because the water is flowing from the hole that I have mention. However, it seems to get clog easily.

Still I would like that someone can give me some info about this hole. It seem to be flowing at high revs, about 3000-5000 RPM.

Comment

So after unblocking the lines, I did rev the engine and water came out from the outlet shown on the picture. Also from the ecxaust above that outlet, water was coming out. I did slowly brought up the rev and I notice that the water start to flow at 2000 RPM and above. Later, after doing these test, I did an other check and again the engine did strugle above 2000 RPM and no water was flowing out. I checked the water lines again, blew in it, felt some resisitance, got it unblock, then the water start to flow again and I could rev up to 5000 RPM. Now I blew with pressure air the water lines. I will keep an eye as it seems to get clog easily. I also notice that at different tilt, the water wont flow. When the engine totaly down, the water is flowing out. When I trim up, the water is not flowing as much to not flowing.

Comment

I went for an other ride. And same thing. After I stopped the engine and restart a few minutes later, it will stall when I give revs. Then when I try to restart, it crank like if looking for is fuel. It will start eventually after several attempts and pumping fuel. Then stall on idle, then struggle to reach 2000 RPM until it stall again. Blew a few times in water lines, all free. And a few minute later it will start and back to normal.
              Look like over eating, not cooling enough. But it also look like a fuel issue.
              Anyway, tomorrow I will try to find out if a water line, I don't see, would not be damage and not cooling enough the engine.
              Both outlet water flow was hot after the ride, when I restarted.

I remain open for suggestions.

Thank you.

Comment

I checked the oil and the water lines seems free to me.

Where else to look to see why the engine is over heating this way ?

One tech said to take the termostat out. It was out when first look at the engine few month ago. I did re-install a new one. Must be that before me they had that problem and took the thermostat out.

Still I would like to know why it is over heathing.

Comment

The latest updates is that I took off the thermostat and it was not looking so good. Some corrosion. Since I have been running without and the problem did not happen so far. Probably that the thermostat was not opening.

Comment

probly, most likely not.
                    most likely the fuel cooler is clogged.
                    tell tale works even if the cooler is clogged.
                    look under the intake at were the water exits the cooler, notice the T fitting.

you must make sure the COOLER is not clogged not just that the tell tale works,even if its not working correctly.

Comment

When the water pump was changed out, were you missing any pieces to it?

Also, the housing the SS water pump cup fits into, was there ANY DISTORTION/signs of overheating, etc?

Broken impellers (pieces) have caused over heating engines, clogged passages, etc.
                      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-19-2015, 09:55 PM.
                      Scott
                      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                      X