Showa PTT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showa PTT

I was able to loosen the trim cylinder end screws and remove the trim piston assemblies from the cylinders without a problem. The issue is that the end screw will not simply slide off the open end of the trim ram. Does the piston have to be removed from the trim ram in order to remove the end screws to replace the dust/down seals? If so, how? I have the service manual for my engine, but it does not address removing the end screws from the ram.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by quar5713; 08-02-2022, 06:45 AM.
    2005 Pathfinder 2200V
    2005 Yamaha 200HP VMAX HPDI

Cap should slide right off. I just rebuilt my units for the second time with no issues. It might just be the picture but it looks like the shaft has a slight flare on the end. Does it? There also appears to have some damage on the other end of the shaft. Again may just be the picture. Are you towing the boat with the engine trimmed up without a trailer support? If this is the case, the motor is bouncing on the rams and they are ruined.

Comment

Thanks Donnie for the reply. Yes, it appears the ends of the ram is slightly flared. I always trailer the boat with the engine supported with MotorMate transom saver, but last trip out perhaps the lack of hydraulic pressure due to leaking seals caused the MotorMate end caps to lose contact with the motor yoke. The weight of the engine actually damaged the cross bar of transom saver. New trim piston assemblies are on order.
      2005 Pathfinder 2200V
      2005 Yamaha 200HP VMAX HPDI

Comment

Working...
      X