1988 Yamaha 70 hp etlg carb. float set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Yamaha 70 hp etlg carb. float set

is the the float height on carburetor .590? mine is set at .625 and was flooding it out, top carb so i took carb. off to see if float was bad, needle valve,etc. waiting on rebuild kit .
    thanks for any info and this what was going on with my last post on trim up.

is there anything to be aware of when putting together or is it pretty simple.

SM shows the float height to be .55". Plus or minus .08". From the carburetor body.

Comment

Originally posted by chummy70 View Post
      is the the float height on carburetor .590? mine is set at .625 and was flooding it out, top carb so i took carb. off to see if float was bad, needle valve,etc. waiting on rebuild kit .
      thanks for any info and this what was going on with my last post on trim up.

is there anything to be aware of when putting together or is it pretty simple.
      Pretty much the same way you took it apart.

I'd visually check all the jets while you have it apart.

Your carbs parts fisch; http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...TOR/parts.html
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-01-2015, 05:28 PM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I do not think the float out of spec is what caused the flooding.
        Trash in seat or bad needle or seat.
        Make sure you flush the lines and pump out so more does not enter carb once cleaned and reinstalled

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          I do not think the float out of spec is what caused the flooding.
          Trash in seat or bad needle or seat.
          Make sure you flush the lines and pump out so more does not enter carb once cleaned and reinstalled
          Its apparently just out of spec (a knats hair) per Boscoes #'s, but +1 on crap in the seat/needle or just worn out..
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Got it fixed redid carburetor kit runs now thanks for your help. ..

Comment

Working...
            X