Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yearly parts replacement as per Yamaha Manual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yearly parts replacement as per Yamaha Manual.

I have a 2019 F40LA motor. I change the sparkplugs, water pump & impeller, thermostat and fuel filter every year. Every time, these parts come out in perfect condition. I only use the motor during the duck season and change the oil and gear oil yearly. The motor is fogged using the gas/EFI fogging solution and new gas mixed with stabilizer and Ring Free added.

For the past three years, every removed part was in perfect condition. No issues with the filter (still looked new)or plugs. Impellers were in perfect condition. Thermostat tested perfectly every time.

My question is this: Am I overdoing the parts replacements?? I only run the motor10-15 hours a year. Should I focus on 2 year intervals as opposed to yearly?

Would really like your thoughts and appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,

The Yamaha documents I have seen call for - yearly - "Inspect or replace as necessary"

That means, and IMO would be better stated as,

"Inspect, and replace IF necessary"

The Service Manuals all have explicit instructions on how to inspect spark plugs,
    water pump parts, thermostats.

The only items where 'automatic' yearly replacement is called out
    is motor oil, oil filter, and gear lube.

Comment

Thanks for the info fairdeal. I guess I just took it as replace. Just assumed to replace the parts and been doing it every year. Thanks for the guidance on this.

Comment

Working...
      X