No oil dipstick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No oil dipstick?

Sold my big boat due to age and not using it. Bought a small alum boat with 2008 50Hp
    F50TLR when I tried to check the oil ,"no dipstick" just a 4 inch rubber rod where dipstick
    is located. Am doing something wrong? Can't believe motor would not have a way of checking condition of oil.

does that 4" rubber rod reach the oil and indicate the level when you pull it out and look at it?

Comment

That's just the upper part....the measuring part goes into the rubber piece you speak of. Where is it gone is the question.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...r-2008/oil-pan

Comment

Here is what it supposed to look like.

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha...0ca764a14fdfb4

Comment

Thanks gentlemen for the info! Panasonic, Thank You for the diagram and part #. People on this site are so helpful it amazes me. Have a great day guys!

Comment

maybe the other piece is down in the oil pan.
            what are the odds that a small magnet on a stick would get ahold of it and bring it back out?
            My thought, not a chance at all

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              maybe the other piece is down in the oil pan.
              what are the odds that a small magnet on a stick would get ahold of it and bring it back out?
              My thought, not a chance at all
              My thoughts as well. I bought a used car years ago and the same thing happened...went to check the oil and the top of dipstick broke off. I ended up taking the oil pan off. When I went to the dealership to get replacement they told me it was redesigned and they would replace it for nothing INCLUDING taking the oil pan off to remove the old one...which I had already done...lol

Comment

Drain the engine oil and get a inspection camera down there. Snap ON and Milwaukee have ones that you can use. Then see if the tick is in there. I use an inspection camera to check the pan. Have to remove the drain plug if the camera will not fit through the dip stick hole. You could use a small flexible grab tool to remove through the drain plug hole using the camera from the dip stick hole to guide you.

Comment

Working...
                X