Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha digital gauge selection questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha digital gauge selection questions.

2002 yamaha 90TLRA
    704 Binnacle control

I am trying to gather information on the correct yamaha digital multifunction tachometer and speedometer for a complete plun n play.

so far looking on Boats.net website I found these numbers.

tach> 6Y5-8350T-00-00

speedo> 6Y5-83500-S5-00

Gauge harness/2 fuse> 6Y5-83553-M0-00

then according to the current Yamaha catalog I`m getting conflicting numbers.

tach> 6Y5-8350T-83-00

speedo> 6Y5-83570-S6-00

gauge harness> 6Y5-83553-N0-00

which units are correct for a 2002 engine and 2002 boat with 704 binnacle?

also is there any other wiring I need?

will the fuel gauge on the multifunction unit work with my fuel tank sender?

I have tilt/trim at the binnacle handle, I have a full set of Faria analog gauges, Tach, speedo, fuel, trim, and Volt.
    and the warning buzzer sounds when the oil tank is low.

(Found that out when the tank was about 1/2 low and the engine in the full tilt position. turned the key to on to check fuel level and heard the buzzer sound, lowered engine into water and sound stopped.)

I`m trying to get an accurate list together so I can update my dash.

Thanks to all who reply.
    02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
    02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

ok so far I found out these are superseded numbers and will work, just need to verify what else is needed.
    02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
    02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

and the bad news is I heard back from Boats.net and the part number they sent me for a rigging kit is not avail...
      02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
      02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

All of the parts required are in here http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2...rigging-parts/

A idea as to how it is all configured is in the diagram below:

Last edited by boscoe99; 09-01-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks boscoe!

I`ve been conversing with my friend who works for Yamaha and he pointed out a tach kit, add speedo and done.
          6Y5-W0035-E1-00 - tach rigging kit
          6y5-83570-S6-00 - speedo

The part number I received from BN customer service > 6yr-w0035-f3-00, and as a complete kit was not avail.

My question was there is additional harness`s running to the helm in my boat besides the 10 pin cable. the engine has trim and oil sensor in the under the cowl tank.

am I to understand that I no longer use these harness`s for trim and oil sensor, disconnect them and run a new 2 white plastic connectors on each end harness?
          meaning one of them comes out of the boat and the new gets fished in under the deck? correct?
          Last edited by SeaDawg3; 09-01-2015, 11:17 AM.
          02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
          02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

First you were talking about a tachometer and now you are talking about a tachometer kit.

The diagram I provided shows an additional harness that runs from the motor to the tachometer. Keep in mind that I have no idea what is in the boat. Depending upon what the boat builder installed it may or may not have the auxiliary harness required to provide information to the tachometer.

If you buy the kit you will get one. Either use it if needed or sell it on Craig's list. It is referred to as a trim/oil harness.

You have an incorrect part number for the tachometer kit by the way. It is 6YR-W0035-E1-00

2015_Yamaha_MRP

The other item you mention (6yr-w0035-f3-00) is a twin engine switch panel. I have no idea who BN customer service is but would not be getting information from them that relates to Yamaha stuff.

http://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2...ging-parts/#30

If you know someone that works for Yamaha you should be able to get all of the information that is needed from him. Or her. Or it.
            Last edited by boscoe99; 09-01-2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              First you were talking about a tachometer and now you are talking about a tachometer kit.

yes, I was originally getting the necc parts individually, I did not know of any complete kit (speedo and tach) at the time. I sent an email to Boats.net and they replied with that part number. My friend pointed out the tach kit as a alternative.

The diagram I provided shows an additional harness that runs from the motor to the tachometer. Keep in mind that I have no idea what is in the boat. Depending upon what the boat builder installed it may or may not have the auxiliary harness required to provide information to the tachometer.

correct, that`s what I am going to verify. worse case is the lead ends would be different if the installer at SeaHunt modified the harness adding spade/eyelet terminal for analog hook up. then I would need a new harnes, as I have been tracing the wiring, and the color codes look the same.

If you buy the kit you will get one. Either use it if needed or sell it on Craig's list. It is referred to as a trim/oil harness.

only differences are cost, individual parts only what I need are less cost than buying parts I don`t. hence the questions and research.

You have an incorrect part number for the tachometer kit by the way. It is 6YR-W0035-E1-00

You are correct, my typo

2015_Yamaha_MRP

The other item you mention (6yr-w0035-f3-00) is a twin engine switch panel. I have no idea who BN customer service is but would not be getting information from them that relates to Yamaha stuff.

Boats.net customer service contact page response > 6yr-w0035-f3-00

2015_Yamaha_MRP

If you know someone that works for Yamaha you should be able to get all of the information that is needed from him. Or her. Or it.
              correct, reached out when I saw him on another forum that we frequent and he sent over the info. the thing with forums is you never know when or who will reply. My friend came in after these posts.

Thanks boscoe
              02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
              02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

progress:
                confirm white connectors under cowl, also checked out and saw I have a 2 wire trim sensor.
                Last edited by SeaDawg3; 09-18-2015, 01:16 PM.
                02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
                02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

unraveled the mess under the helm to see what`s what. found a few wires taped up (green, gray) and a nice ratts nest.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SeaDawg3; 09-18-2015, 01:16 PM.
                  02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
                  02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

and the best for last, look under the deck, ***!
                    Last edited by SeaDawg3; 09-18-2015, 01:17 PM.
                    02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
                    02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

Boscoe, looks like I`ll be needing that trim/oil cable...whew!
                      02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
                      02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDawg3 View Post
                        Boscoe, looks like I`ll be needing that trim/oil cable...whew!
                        I see it but it appears that the connectors at the dash end have been whacked off.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                          I see it but it appears that the connectors at the dash end have been whacked off.
                          picture 3 of 5 in post 19 is what`s left of the unused wires for the trim/oil.

I don`t know what new 2002 rigging looks like, maybe the connectors were just pulled out from the plastic connector piece, and the ends cut for eyelets.
                          who knows. I have to sort thru what`s under the deck, it appears they put the excess cable stuffed under there, making it look like there is way more cables than needed.

even the steering cable is LONGGGGG, longer than it should be...

production boats, you never know what your going to get.

I have not seen any older SeaHunt CC`s like ours with the digital set up...
                          02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
                          02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

update: have a few parts on the way. I`ll update when I get a chance to sort thru it and install them.
                            02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
                            02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

Looks like I can get busy soon, to install the cable and gauges.

some pics of the trim/oil cable connectors. just checking to see they are correct and which end goes where... so far so good.

I was looking for the instructions for the tach and speedo install and came upon this:

http://www.mbcboats.com/perfbull/Yam...KitInstall.pdf

is this the correct info?

Thanks.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by SeaDawg3; 09-15-2015, 08:02 PM.
                              02 Sea Hunt Triton 172
                              02 Yamaha 90HP O/B

Comment

Working...
                              X