F115 TXRD Intermittent High Temp Indication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 TXRD Intermittent High Temp Indication

I have a 2005 F115 TXRD that has an intermittent high temp light on the gauge, but no alarm sound. Replaced the water pump and still have the issue. It happens at various rpms. Has anybody experienced this issue?

test your alarm system to see if it is working properly.
    if it is not, fix it.

there is more to the cooling system than just the pump.
    make sure all of it works properly

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I took your suggestions and tried the following:

1. Tested alarm system. I ran the motor and pulled the kill lanyard. The motor stopped. I tried to start the motor with the lanyard removed, the alarm went off and the engine would not turn over.

2. Checked the T-Stat. Placed in hot water and she opened at ~140 degrees. Inspected the inside area of the block under the T-Stat and it was clean.

3. Removed and inspected the poppet valve (or PCV) and it was clean and no signs of sticking. The area under the poppet valve was also clean.

4. Ran the motor for 10 minutes and unplugged the water temp sensor. The ECM recognized the change and adjusted the RPMs. I suspect that it is sat.

Last week I had a repair shop hook up the diagnostic tool to see if she through any codes. They said that nothing was present. No indications of running hot.

Is there a possibility that the gauge itself is malfunction? Has anyone had a gauge go bad? The motor and gauges are 2005 models with ~700 hrs of run time.
      Last edited by kbdock341; 09-02-2015, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I am not sure if that mo=tor will store codes or not, someone will come along and give you that info soon.

What kind of tool did they hook up to it?

Might need to simulate the overheat so you can see what it does.
        Disconnecting just causes the ECU to see it failed

Comment

Working...
        X