V4 115TLRS Lower Unit Bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4 115TLRS Lower Unit Bushing

We are trying to sell our dad's boat. A prospective buyer pointed out that a steering bushing for the lower unit had a little bit of play in it. How important is that bushing? We don't feel any shutter in the motor, and there is no problem with power to the propeller when turning.
    This boat and motor are 29 years old.
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Pappione; 07-15-2022, 10:37 PM.

As is, where is.

Comment

What do they expect for a 29 year old motor? Wait for another buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        As is, where is.
        I took your reply as you were asking where it is.
        I added a second photo to clarify its location.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
          What do they expect for a 29 year old motor? Wait for another buyer.
          That is what I am thinking. Dad took very good care of motor itself; regular tune-ups, top-speed hasn't changed one bit, and it still has an awesome hole-shot!
          If this boat were to be mine, I'd have it fixed in a day or two. He taught me lot about mechanical repairs!
          But his dying wish was for my sister to have it; thinking that her boy would be taken out fishing a lot in it. Not once in four years. Poor kiddo!
          Now I'm not sure if it will piss water.

Comment

Originally posted by Pappione View Post

I took your reply as you were asking where it is.
            I added a second photo to clarify its location.
            As is, where is means " it is being sold in its current condition. No returns or warranty implied.

Comment

COOLING SYSTEM QUESTION ABOUT THIS ONE

Does anyone know if this has a temperature-con*****ed system that only pumps when it warms up?

Comment

pump should pump water all the time when the motor is running, as long as water is supplied to the pump intake

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  pump should pump water all the time when the motor is running, as long as water is supplied to the pump intake
                  Thanks!
                  A local shop told me that they have better luck circulating water with Yamahas when they submerge the lower unit into a tank, versus the rabbit ears. I just need to get it to a launch to know for sure.

Comment

Are you just looking at the tell tail stream/
                    sitting up for long periods of time, insects tend to plug those up by building nests up inside of them. some weed wacker line or wire run up inside can help break it up and clear it out, and some compressed air blown up inside when running on the muffs will also help clear it

Comment

When I was trying it with the muffs, I pulled the water line off of the grommet in the motor housing to see if water would come out of there, in order to rule out any debris inside that grommet / nozzle area.
                      I found a way to get it dropped into the water later this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have my final answer then and it will be a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                        Are you just looking at the tell tail stream/
                        sitting up for long periods of time, insects tend to plug those up by building nests up inside of them. some weed wacker line or wire run up inside can help break it up and clear it out, and some compressed air blown up inside when running on the muffs will also help clear it
                        I even keep about a 12 inch section of heavy weed-eater string in my tool box to keep handy for unstopping those bugs/ spiders, what’re plugs up the tell-tale…..

Comment

Originally posted by Pappione View Post
                          When I was trying it with the muffs, I pulled the water line off of the grommet in the motor housing to see if water would come out of there, in order to rule out any debris inside that grommet / nozzle area.
                          I found a way to get it dropped into the water later this afternoon. Hopefully I'll have my final answer then and it will be a good one!
                          It may be necessary to pull the water line off of it’s fitting on the cylinder head….sometimes a bit of calcium/scale/deposit will break off from inside the cylinder cooling jackets and lodge right in that little opening, requiring clearing with something like a piece of metal wire or similar tool….

Comment

How in the world is there no rust on those mounting bolts? The bolts on the original pics that have the bushings. They look brand new. Must be a fresh water boat. You don’t want to see mine!
                            Helped a friend sell his mom’s Boston Whaler recently. Once he set a price, I told him don’t take a penny less. That carbed 70 2 stroke is arguably the best 2 stroke they ever made.

Hold out for another buyer if the demands get absurd.

Comment

Welp! I finally got it into the water this evening...
                              Success! *dumb rabbit ears*
                              It fired right up, and immediately peed water! Whoever gets this boat will be happy for years to come.
                              It still needs a bit of TLC with the bench seat and a wax job, but not bad for a 1994 rig!
                              Oh! Fresh water only!

Thanks for the tips y'all!
                              Last edited by Pappione; 07-16-2022, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X