looking for help to find out my yamaha outboard model and year make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for help to find out my yamaha outboard model and year make

Hi, I am new to this forum and looking for help to find out my Yamaha outboard model and year made. I recently bought a used boat with a used Yamaha 50 HP four stroke engine with trim up/down, and start with remote key, the seller said the boat was year 2000, but he didn’t know engine year made as its model tag has faded away. I measured shaft length, 20 inches. So I am assume the model is F50TLR. Is my assume right? And is there any other way I can find the year of made and series #? Thanks in advance.

Is the tag with the engine ID on it still on the motor?

Look in the vicinity of the starter motor and see if you can find a round decal with some numbers on it. What are those numbers?

Comment

Thanks boscoe. I will look into it. If I find it I will post here

Comment

Those are what I can find for looking for series #, any one of them have series #? Thanks

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        Is the tag with the engine ID on it still on the motor?

Look in the vicinity of the starter motor and see if you can find a round decal with some numbers on it. What are those numbers?
        IMG_1662.JPEG
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Jason and Lund; 07-13-2022, 01:23 PM.

Comment

A 1996 model year F50TLRY.

Comment

A 1996 model year F50TLRY.
            Thanks boscoe, My I know from which number you know it is 1996 Model? Any series # inside?

Comment

I am betting on "find a round decal with some numbers on it" and the 6/2/96 may have helped, but I have been very wrong in the past before

Comment

My bad. It is a 1997 F50TLRV.

You said it was an F50. The photo of the CDI shows a 62Y marking. Which tells me it is for an F50 because that is the prefix for F50's of that vintage.

The -01 after the 62Y is telling us the dash number of the CDI. This all agrees with the Yamaha parts catalog. See below.

The 405854 is the serial number for the motor. A cheat sheet I have tells me that serial was assigned to an F50TLRV model.

Not sure what you mean by asking if there are any series # inside.

Comment

Your specific serial number fits in between the range of serials shown below. For 1997 model year 62Y (F50) motors.

Comment

I am not smart. I just have access to information.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                      I am betting on "find a round decal with some numbers on it" and the 6/2/96 may have helped, but I have been very wrong in the past before
                      Thanks for help!

Comment

I am not smart. I just have access to information.
                        Thanks for digging out so much information, time and input! I need to digest. Nice people are smart too!

Comment

Working...
                        X