09 Yamaha F25ELH Coolant water flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 Yamaha F25ELH Coolant water flow

I have just purchased this motor, and have never had it in the water. It has been sitting since it was new, and I gassed it up and it runs great with water muffs and garden hose. Now my problem is on the right side, (facing the engine from the rear) I have water coming out of what looks like a small hole down on the bottom of the engines crankcase, about middle of the engine. I am hoping to get it in the water soon and see if it does this under its water pump pressure, and not a garden hose. Doesn't seem normal to me, but this is my 1st Yamaha 4 stroke and maybe I'm overlooking something. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Is it the "pisser", a stream of water shooting out the starboard side?

There should be a plastic piece and a hose connected to that inside the engine cowl.

Water should flow from there when running with water (NEVER run W/O water). It lets the operator know water IS FLOWING TO THE POWER HEAD.

I think you'll find water (if on muffs only) will NOT COME out of that area. Water ONLY comes out if the WP pump and system is working properly.

If not, can you post a pic?
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-26-2015, 08:01 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

No. This is inside. The pee hole has a good flow. This is inside the engine cavity. You need a mirror to even see the hole. I can feel it with my finger. I am going to try to find a dealer today and see if he can explain it. If I find any thing out I will post it.

Comment

Ok, yea that doesn't sound good.

Any hoses nearby down there or water connectors that may have cracked and leaking??

Part #7, the water tube: http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...201/parts.html

Has o-rings on each end. Kinda doubt it but if the upper o-ring failed, you could get excess water coming out there (where it shouldn't be).
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-27-2015, 08:25 AM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X