No announcement yet.

2005 HPDI VMAX, head scratcher,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took it out for a test run today, These motors are torquey, push my boat way faster than I ever though possible for such a big boat.
    That said the trim and tilt stopped working lol, at the boat launch on the way out on the water of course. trim tabs got me to plane, on to the next fix lol. I love tinkering but can I have a trip with no repairs soon please .

Comment

At least you got to dry land!!! The joys of boating!!!

Anyway, some details on exactly what the T&T is doing/not doing(IE electric motor works but no movement, clicking, etc)
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Well I can hear clicking in the Relay, when I hit up and down on side of the motor but nothing is happening. Have not tried it from the helm, but with the hood off it is loud enough I should be able to hear it when testing from the helm. Neither the helm nor the up/down worked in the water and they both did at home without cavitation or out of the norm sounds. My plan was to test the pump with a battery. If it works work my way back through the wiring and look for shorts in the wiring. Seems as soon as it hits water it stops so that's why I think it could be compromises wire shielding or something along those lines. All home mechanic assumptions, but somewhere to start.
        Still can't get over the power of this motor, grinning with motor issues...
        Might be way off base?
        Thanks for your interest in this saga..
        Cheers
        Scott

Comment

Sounds like a plan...

A volt meter at the lines (T&T disconnected) when the button is activated should tell you something.

Each line is both pos and neg, reverse line polarity for different T&T direction.

Battery cables and grounds would be the first thing I'd be checking (tightness /corrosion)..

You'll find it! You already know it works, something loose/bad somewhere..

Please post back what the issue was.. Good luck
          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 09-20-2015, 06:34 AM.
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X