Yamaha to garmin interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha to garmin interface

Running a 2022 F115, looking to connect to my Garmin Echomap UHD 94sv. What exactly do I need? Thanks ….

If you do NOT have Command Link gauges/display installed,
    then you will need to buy and install a "NMEA 2000 Starter Kit"
    so that the engine and the Garmin are on the same "NMEA 2000 backbone" :

Yamaha uses their own unique connector style for NMEA 2000 (Command Link)
    so to connect to the engine harness,
    you will need an 'adapter cable' -
    one end of the cable NMEA 2000, the other end Yamaha;

Lowrance makes one such cable part# 120-37
    which is long enough to reach from inside the engine cowling
    where it connects to this plug on the engine:

to inside the transom of the boat,
    where you locate one end of the backbone;
    the long cable in the starter kit then runs to the console
    where you connect the Garmin and power:

Comment

I have round command link tach and speed fuel gauges

Comment

Originally posted by Maritime68 View Post
        I have round command link tach and speed fuel gauges
        Then
        (assuming the EchoMap is not already on an existing NMEA 2000 network with other NMEA 2000 devices)
        you need to connect the Echomap's NMEA 2000 port to your Yamaha gauge wiring,
        and exactly how,
        depends on how the Yamaha gauges are connected:

it may be that the two gauges are plugged into a "inline hub" using a "Y-cable"
        as illustrated here:

if so, you purchase a Yamaha "multihub" Yamaha part # 6Y8-81920-01-00
        and swap that, for the inline hub;

there will then be an available "DEVICE" port on the multihub
        where you can connect an "adapter cable"
        the other end of which will connect to the Garmin like so:

Of course if you already HAVE a multi-hub, not an inline hub -
        then you just need the Yamaha -to-NMEA 2000 adapter cable;
        a good choice is the Raymarine E70242
        or Oceanic 3861-F

Comment

Good Day, Maritime68 and fairdeal:

Just joined yesterday, so early in the learning curve about the YOP forum features and protocols (your forbearance and tips are appreciated).

This thread, especially the last post (06-24-2022, 11:50 AM) seems to provide a good starting point for my help request (though a Garmin interface is not a requirement for me at this time - I like the idea).

I placed a deposit on a 2022 F115LB and am working to prep our boat for the dealer installation and PDI. For reference, the only items carried over from the previous motor setup are the battery and fuel supply (so: new gauges, steering, throttle/shifter/trim control, console, wiring...)

I really want to use the 6YC Display (to have access to the data available from the motor) but have encountered these issues and resulting uncertainty about what to order:
          - dealer emphatically states that this motor does not support Command Link (could he be mistaken > maybe it is not CL+ compatible?)
          - the 2022 F115 Owner's Manual (page 26 > Components > Optional Items just lists a CL5 Display - even though the 2020 manual shows the 6YC) [please see attachments]
          - the attached Yamaha "Outboard Rigging and Parts" reference (not sure of the year applicability or publish date) lists a straightforward setup with the multi-hub, but would the dealer refuse to install it? I would hate to start-off the relationship with that going on!

Thank You for your time and consideration...

Comment

Comment

Awesome! Thank You, boscoe99

Comment

Your dealer is confused.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                  Was so enthused to see a straightforward response that i forgot to properly arm myself for the dealer discussion: please tell me the source of that information (the salesman has already made comments about people mis-using information on the internet)

Much Thanks.

Comment

I had found this yesterday but did not know for certain if the 2022 is 2nd generation (though it would seem odd to remove capability):

https://www.boats.com/reviews/the-ou...f115-outboard/ (March 26, 2014)

"To keep up with today’s electronics-laden boats, the new F115 has a 35 amp charging system that cranks out 46 percent more power than the alternator on the previous motor. The new F115 is compatible with Yamaha Command Link digital instruments and analog gauges, can be rigged with NEMA-2000 compatible displays when a gateway is installed, and can be rigged with the Yamaha Y-COP anti-theft system. The Yamaha VTS (Variable *****ing RPM Switch) is a standard feature with the F115, and can be used to adjust *****ing speed in 50-rpm increments from 600 to 1000 rpm, through a button on the Command Link tach or the tiller handle. The F115 can be mounted on 26-inch centers for twin-motor installations, and a counter-rotation model is available."

Comment

Working...
                    X