No announcement yet.

yamaha C40 ELRR pressure control valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best I recall if you order the 663 valve you get the 60H.
    I don't have my Yamaha parts program here at the house and most online programs don't list a super.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      best I recall if you order the 663 valve you get the 60H.
      I don't have my Yamaha parts program here at the house and most online programs don't list a super.

Yamaha parts program is showing the 663 as being available. Part is in stock. No supercession is shown.

The 60H valve is called out for use on much bigger motors.

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...416-00-00.html
      Last edited by boscoe99; 09-13-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

then its the smaller one than the 90 and up used.
        I like the design.
        on a well maintained rig I have never seen that design wear out nor stick.
        its just to simple to do the wter pump,t stats and pressure control valve every 200 hours or AT LEAST every other year.
        well maintained rigs rarely require oxy/acetylyne nor drill,tapping heli-coiling or cursing either.

the mushroom design I have seen the face wear off in less than 200 Hrs.

lasted the man about 4 wks.
        rounded up an old style and it made almost 2000 more hrs.
        a wristpin bearing finally came loose at 5217 hrs.
        2010 150 two stroke. he is debating having me rebuild it but he loves the F200 we put on it.

Comment

Old school PRV or poppet valve

Yammy is the only outboard that changed to a "button/mushroom" poppet valve that I work on. ( I do all makes/models) .I am still waiting for the jury on the new "update" design...but,, IMO its too much uncon*****ed movement..Time will Tell !!

Comment

Baja
            in our area the sound has a lot of suspended sand.
            it tends to wear off the face of the mushroom.
            in my area they last about 200 hours then fail.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt17 , I was about to give up on installing the 60h and new spring because they were both bigger than the orginal parts. But ,since you say 60h supercedes the orginal . I think I will try them and satisfy my curiosity.

Comment

boscoe99 you are right. I will leave well enough alone and continue using the the orginal . It appears the 60H mushroom type is made for larger motors. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X