Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Yamaha F115 - Sputtering @ low & high RPM; WOT @ 5K, jumps to 6, back down to 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Yamaha F115 - Sputtering @ low & high RPM; WOT @ 5K, jumps to 6, back down to 5

Hoping for some guidance. I have a 2014 F115 Yamaha on a 25' Avalon Pontoon. Motor was winterized end of last year. Fuel filter and impeller replaced end of 2020. Took boat out on Memorial Day weekend twice and it ran perfectly. Took out again this past weekend and ran rough. Even at low RPMs I could hear engine noise gurgling like RPMs going up and down. At WOT I normally hit 6000. But it held to 4900/5000. After a few minutes it would jump to 6K for a second or two then back down to 5K. it did this several times. The longer I drove it, the longer it would stay at 6K before dropping back to 5K. If I had more time, it may have stopped dropping back altogether but we were trying to beat a storm to get the boat out of the water.

Trying to determine if it makes sense to take into shop or if this is a typical problem like junk or condensation in the line that will work itself out or that I can fix. The boat was stored over the winter with about a half of a tank but did have fuel stabilizer in it. I do have a fuel separator filter (no drain) that appears to have been replaced at time of winterization. Engine appears to be peeing well. insight is appreciated. Thanks.

pull the plugs and inspect the plugs and top pf pistons.
    sounds like there is a cylinder not firing properly all the time.
    too much fuel or not enough fuel.
    Maybe injector problem

maybe water getting into cylinder

Comment

Thanks 99yam40. The suggestions were above my abilities to attempt to fix so I ended up taking it in to get looked at. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X