2001 HPDI Won't Run or Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 HPDI Won't Run or Idle

So 2001 Yahama HPDI won't run. I can get it to crank and run roughly in nuetral if I increase throttle but as soon as I try to get it to idle it kicks out. Gas in the motor sat for 11 months due to winter and having a surgery (with ethanol....yes I know it was dumb and Im never putting ethanol in this engine again.)

I siphoned out all the gas, put in 25 new gallons of rec fuel, added startron and ring free, put in a new fuel water separator, new paper filter in plastic canister, new medium pressure fuel filter (metal canister), new vst filter, and 2 new low pressure fuel pumps.

Hooked it up to muffs and having the same exact issues. It sounds as if its starved for fuel. Master technician is backed up for a whole month and not being able to go fishing just flat out sucks. Any ideas?

Also....have a 9.9 four stroke plumped to the same fuel water separator and it starts and runs perfectly??!!

Do you realize we have no idea what motor you are talking about

need to know if the rail pressure is in spec
    .laptop with YDS would be the best thing to hook up to see what is going on,
    but you might be able to use a voltmeter ( think Rodbolt mentioned that some time ago)

if rail pressure is good, then injectors may be needing to be sent off for cleaning and testing

did you find much when replacing the filters
    Last edited by 99yam40; 06-14-2022, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Sorry about that, I’ll stop by the boat and post the model #. I’m certainly no mechanic and was hoping someone knew of this being a common problem as a I don’t want to tear into it too much as I’ll probably do more harm then good. I searched the forums and it sounds like it could be a number of things. Gonna order the software.

Comment

EBF07E1C-EAB5-4E9F-9387-77E7E13C0348.jpeg

Comment

Didn’t really find out a lot when replacing the filters. The vst filter had some particles in it but the others didn’t look too bad to my untrained eye.

Comment

Working...
          X