Warranty Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty Work

I took delivery on a brand new boat last Fall with twin Yamaha 200’s. Long story short, I need some Yamaha warranty work, but have zero faith in the dealership service department where I purchased the boat (no need for details, but suffice it to say the engine install, mounting and subsequent delaership service has been laughable) What options do I have? Can I have a Yamaha certified mechanic do this in my marina or on their shop? Other dealerships have told me they won’t service a boat they have not sold and I need to take it back to where I bought it – which absolutely is not happening – but I’m, hoping I can at least have the Yamaha warranty work performed elsewhere. Thanks

Can’t speak for USA, but Australian laws are clear. Here you can take to any authorised dealer.
    There maybe opposition to this but most dealers accept this and simply claim on Yamaha. This is true for all manufacturers of cars, outboards and motorcycles.
    Goes with servicing too but you can go to any qualified services.

Comment

Assuming the motors were purchased from a Yamaha USA dealer, you can take the motors to any Yamaha USA dealer for warranty work. It is up to each dealer to decide for himself if he wants to work on the motors.

Can you say what problem(s) you are having?

Comment

Any certified Yamaha dealer/shop/mechanic can perform warranty work on your engine as long as your engine has been registered and is "in the system" (typically this is the selling dealer's responsibility).

As far as other places refusing to do the work... it's not because Yamaha doesn't allow them to - it's because they choose not to. Whether it's for spite (some places are like that) or simply because they are so busy that they have to first focus on their own customers (which is understandable).
        2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
        1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

My issue is there is a salt deposit build up on the starboard power head that I discovered at the 100 hour oil change. Nothing on the port. I checked the cowling and cannot could not find a seal issue, but who knows if it might have had a gap between the 20 hour and 80 hour oil change. Regardless, I need a Yamaha certified technician to check it out and make sure I don’t have some other raw water leak that might be the cause of this which would be covered under the engine warranty. And the dealership where I bought it is off the list as they thoroughly screwed up the original engine mounting and follow-up service to address that and other basic punch list items.

Comment

Have you used the dealer look up function at Yamaha USA's website?

I would clean that build up off and then monitor the area to see if it comes back. Quickly, slowly or not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              Have you used the dealer look up function at Yamaha USA's website?

I would clean that build up off and then monitor the area to see if it comes back. Quickly, slowly or not at all.
              Sure is a large amount of salt; is there any anywhere else? I see your concern, as it appears (from here) it would take several litres of sea water to evaporate (just there) to produce that amount of salt!

Good advice if you cannot get to a satisfactory dealer to see it first, so atleast if this is a problem somewhere down the water, the evidence has been officially recorded.
              Last edited by zenoahphobic; 05-31-2022, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X