Motor wont trim down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor wont trim down

I have a 1993 Yamaha 130 model 130TLRR. it will trim up but not trim down. I looked online for a new relay. trim up relay is $89.95 and trim down relay is $113.95. I want to switch the relays around to see if its bad but im curious as to while they are different prices which makes me think that if i switch the relays it will not be an accurate test because they could be 2 different relays. when i press the trim down button, the motor makes a noise as ifs trying but not able to trim down.

thanks in advance

one has a green wire and the other has a blue wire.
    other than that its the same.
    I guesss green insulation costs more.

Comment

okay cool. so theoretically i can switch them out to see if its just a bad relay?

Comment

The relays have different part numbers. So, there is something different about them. Is it only the wire insulation colour?

Comment

Are these relays like a Mercruiser sterndrive relay/solenoid? If so, and you hear the motor running, then the relay is OK, right? I would then look to see if there's some type of physical obstruction? And, can you jumper across the relay with a heavy gauge wire from the battery (like a Merc system, again)?
          2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
          1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

solenoids

mercs,Volvo, bombardia all makes use several types of relays and solenoids..if ya don't know what your doing ,,take to someone that does....DUH !! edit,,, Blue sky up,,Green grass down
            Last edited by bajakeith; 08-16-2015, 12:34 AM.

Comment

other than blue and green insulation on the feed wire, its the same.

Comment

Working...
              X