where does the flush hose terminate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where does the flush hose terminate

SX250 2000>>>> The flush hose seams to have let loose ..When I flush the engine water is coming out of the cowling . Can anyone tell me where this hose terminates. The hose is part number.. Lower cowling schematic ..... thanks

I'm not quite following what part/end of the hose you're talking about. But, I think you're talking about where the flush hose terminates at the engine? Start the engine with cowling off and look for water squirting out somewhere? There's gotta be a bare nipple somewhere in the vicinity of the length of the hose, right? Plus, the hose should be pretty well "formed" to a certain shape by now which would make it easier to see where it "naturally" wants to go.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Ingesting water will hydraulic a piston connecting Rod
      OUCH ! That's not a good thing.. Matter fact, its down wright ugly

Comment

My recollection is that the flush hose connects to a nipple on the exhaust manifold cover.

If the hose is not connected then when running the motor there should be a stream of water coming from the nipple. Find the source of that water. That would be the connection point.

Comment

does the boat and motor live on a trailer, on a lift, or sit in the water most of the time?
          make sure the water pump has water to pump before starting when looking for where the hose came off of.

Comment

Working...
          X