Advce needed on a Yamaha 55be serial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advce needed on a Yamaha 55be serial

Good evening folks. I've just aquired the following engine alongside a rib. I've had the big guy running and it sounds great but I would like to carry out a service on it as it's been standing a while (2 years or so).

I cannot find a manual anywhere for it?
    what year is it?
    what plugs should be in it? (the ones in now start it fine, but just checking they are correct)
    What oil mixture should it be running on?

Thanks for all your help.

. 279931703_1196450074498041_5101600066696909884_n.jpg

Does the motor have a decal on the other side indicating the month and year of production?

In what country are you?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Does the motor have a decal on the other side indicating the month and year of production?

In what country are you?
      Nothing on the other side at all.

From the UK

Comment

Well now I need you to look at the carburetors and the CDI assembly for any markings noted thereon. Also, confirm that your motor is premix from the factory. Never had oil injection that is.

Comment

seems you did not answer Boscoes questions on what you were to look at and report back

Comment

I was wondering the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              Well now I need you to look at the carburetors and the CDI assembly for any markings noted thereon. Also, confirm that your motor is premix from the factory. Never had oil injection that is.
              Apologies, I had forgotten to reply that larger engines are beyond my expertise. Biggest I've worked on personally is an old 9hp suzuki. So when you say CDI unit, I have no idea what/where that is. The carb has nothing visible on it either.

So to say I'm an avid amateur in this situation would be an understatement, I can manage servicing the thing but my diagnostic/identifying skills here are utter pants.

Comment

Your CDI is the black box with all the wires coming out of it on the lower right hand side of the engine. I can see it in the pictures you supplied.

Comment

Working...
                X