Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 115 2 stroke saltwater series v4 2004

Heey guys, looking for some help.
    I have a 115 2 stroke pushing a 16ft bow rider.
    Lately the motor seems to run fine when idling and WOT but after about 15 or so minutes it drops RPMs to about 2000, the Motor sounds like it really bogging down and makes a sucking kinda noise.
    But about 15 or 20 minutes later it will run fine.
    Anyone had this same issue or recommendation?
    Thank you in advance.

What’s happening for the 15-20m when this occurs?….do you continue to run motor at 2K rpms until this goes away or do you shut down for 15-20m? Might be time to pull carbs/jets and clean. That deep throaty sound you describe as bogged usually indicates the motor is fuel starved.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

In those 15 20 minutes it runs perfectly, the crabs had a deep clean about a week ago.
      ​I was also thinking fuel starvation, has all new fuel line so not sure if it the fuel pump or not

Comment

Hope ur using Oetiker clamps.
        reg hose clamps are a no-no
        they don't provide a true 360 clamping force and can also cut you and fishing line so I've been told. Keep those crab's clean and waxed........

Comment

with a fuel pressure gauge, check at the shrader valve for the high pressure pump function in the VST...... Have you checked the low pressure fuel pumps ? Unbolt them from the engine and squeeze the ball ... see if they leak . replace if they do

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
            they don't provide a true 360 clamping force and can also cut you and fishing line so I've been told. Keep those crab's clean and waxed........
            so, you clean and wax your crabs?
            I normally just cook and eat them myself

Comment

Comment

Agent 99. A few posts back he wrote he had the crabs deep cleaned.. Thought I'd make light of it. LOL no bigee

Comment

Working...
                X