2011 60hp four stroke cranks over but wont fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 60hp four stroke cranks over but wont fire

Hey all I've have a issue with my 2011 60hp outboard. It cranks but wont fire. I've connected the computer up to it. Test injector and ignition coil. They all working. Have replace the battery. When I crank the motor over I've noticed I don't have spark also the computer drop out. I've tested stop lanyard and it working fine. Could it be the main relay or ECU. Pulser coil test fine as well. I've all so replaced the battery cables.

Originally posted by Schultzy86 View Post
    Hey all I've have a issue with my 2011 60hp outboard. It cranks but wont fire. I've connected the computer up to it. Test injector and ignition coil. They all working. Have replace the battery. When I crank the motor over I've noticed I don't have spark also the computer drop out. I've tested stop lanyard and it working fine. Could it be the main relay or ECU. Pulser coil test fine as well. I've all so replaced the battery cables.
    how did you test the ignition coil?
    how did you check for spark?
    what do you mean by the computor drop out?

Comment

Hi sorry the late replay.

I tested the ignition coil by resistance test all with in spec.
      I tested the spark with spark gap tester and using the yds diagnostic stationary test. Have spark when using that. but do not have spark when I crank the motor over. I've have test the stop switch all working fine.

What I mean by computer drop out. Is when I go to crank the motor the yds diagnostic on me laptop. it come up with communication error occurred between the pc and ECM, check that the main switch is on and that the communication cable is connected properly.

I have since test the main relay as per service manual working fine. Also have check connection and clean if need. But still the motor wont fire. I have try doing the peak voltage test for the ECU with made up test cable but only got 12.7v. I Think I might of done something wrong there.

Comment

Working...
      X