F25C Fuel Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F25C Fuel Leak

Hi gents. New member. Tired a search on this and elsewhere and no luck. Ive got a '22 F25C that leaks a bit of fuel when I store it on its back, tiller up. Remove it from the boat, let it cool, put in back of truck on its back and there will be maybe a tablespoon or two of fuel leaking out and onto the plywood. Any ideas? Yammy Canada wasn't any help.
    Motor runs just fine, no issues, no fuel leaking during normal operation. In fact, its a great motor.
    Im assuming theres a vent of the FI system somewhere thats causing this, or not....?
    Thanks for your input.

I would think you are correct, the VST has to vent air somewhere to let it fill with fuel.
    have you looked in your owner's manual to see what the best way to lay it down for transport is recommended?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      I would think you are correct, the VST has to vent air somewhere to let it fill with fuel.
      have you looked in your owner's manual to see what the best way to lay it down for transport is recommended?
      Thanks for the response. On its back, tiller up, is one of the recommended positions. Ive made a cradle for it in this position to keep it solid and protected in the truck bed. Guess its not a big deal, just hate the smell of fuel in the back under the canopy.

Comment

maybe disconnecting the fuel line and running the motor out of fuel before removing it from boat is an option

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          maybe disconnecting the fuel line and running the motor out of fuel before removing it from boat is an option
          Sounds like the best option really. Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
          X