Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice Please- Do I Keep my current great running 1986 50HP or install my 2006 50HP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please- Do I Keep my current great running 1986 50HP or install my 2006 50HP?

Looking for some advice please. Currently have 16' fishing boat used for fishing and tubing with 1986 Yamaha 50hp 2 Stroke. I'm the 2nd owner, 200 hrs max on motor, it's clean and runs perfect. I also have a 2006 Yamaha 50hp 2 stroke purchased from my neighbor who had it on his pontoon. It was a smoking deal with a new *****ing motor so figured I'd buy. Unsure of hours, but he was meticulous with this stuff, always serviced by dealer, compression checked our perfect, it's very clean and also runs perfect. I plan on keeping the boat for a while and deciding which motor stays and which gets sold. I obviously want trouble free/maintenance free with the installed motor and with my luck something will take a crap as soon as I decide to sell the other one. I would expect the 05 to outlive the 86 which why I'm planning on swapping but that's not always the case. Any reason why I shouldn't put the 2006 motor on and sell the older one? Is the 2006 just as bullet proof as the 86 and can I expect fuel economy and power to be be better on the newer one or should I expect the same? I've been told to keep both, but I really have no use for a 2nd motor and I cant imagine having one sit in the garage for 10 years would be good for it.

it would be best to post what the motor models # or IDs are instead of just years of manufacture

Comment

Working...
    X