2004 70HP 2 Stroke water leak issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 70HP 2 Stroke water leak issue

I decided to take a stab at my first, what I consider "major repair" on my 70TLRC 2004. I have been lurking here a lot and have been learning but I finally joined. I bought the boat from a friend 2 years ago and have been slowly getting to know it. So not too long ago my fuel pump was leaking. I replaced it with ease. Then back on the water my alarm goes off and went into guardian mode. Yes, water was peeing but i guess not the strongest stream. So I bought the water pump repair kit (part #692-W0078-02-00) from boats.net and a new thermostat. I have never done a water pump rebuild but I watched so many videos that I figured I would be able to handle such a repair. Seemed straight forward. I did manage to break the nipple in the lower unit (Part #6E5-45378-00-00) but I replaced it later and put a new hose. I put all the pieces back together in what appears to me as the correct order. I test fired it to see how my work came out and now the motor is not peeing and a large amount of water is coming out of the hole on the lower unit with the hose coming out of it that is attached to nipple I broke. Its all seated properly, I don't know what else could be leaking that much water, maybe the water pump? It got late and I did not have a chance to start all over again. Wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this before I start round 2. Thanks!

Check for rubber grommet at water tube as it exits the water pump housing…..

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
      Check for rubber grommet at water tube as it exits the water pump housing…..
      Would you happen to have a part number for that so I can what I am looking for?

Comment

Items #1, 4, 16 and 17 all have to be present and installed correctly for the water tube going into the pump to be sealed properly.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...casing-drive-2

Comment

Thank you! I will check those as soon as I can drop the lower unit again. I do not remember seeing any of those parts when I was changing out the impeller.

Comment

One of the seals maybe stuck on the water tube and now is pushed up the tube when you put the Lower unit back on.

Comment

Working...
            X