2013 250SHO Fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 250SHO Fuel problem

Motor will run fine until it gets heated up. Once hot if I idle for more then a few minutes it’ll die on me and not restart till I re prime the system. If I can get it to WOT after re priming (sometimes takes 2 or 3 tries) it will run fine until I go back to lower RPM’s.

so far I have changed the LP pump, all filters except vst, new fuel lines and primer bulb.

I also ran off an aux tank and had the exact same results. It seems to me like it’s vapor locking. Really beating my head on the wall on this. Please help. The most confusing thing is it’ll run all day at WOT.

I'm suspecting a problem with the fuel cooling system,
    (water is supposed to circulate through the back of the VST)
    or with the VST vapor venting system.

Both of which involve a nightmare of black rubber tubing,
    challenging to understand...

In any case,
    I think I would try attaching a piece of tubing directly to the vent of the VST,
    then run that down and out through one of the duckbill vents
    in the cowling pan -
    so that there is a simple, unobstructed vent for the VST.

Then see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Thanks for the diagram. I thought it had to be a fuel cooling issue because when I opened up the fuel cooler had a complete sand block at the bottom. However I didn’t check the lines down stream very well. Should air be able to pass freely through all these cooling lines?

i also tried disconnecting the vst vapor line from the solenoid incase the solenoid was bad but made no difference

Comment

Working...
      X