1990 Pro V 150 vs Pro V 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Pro V 150 vs Pro V 200

So my dad has a 1990 Yamaha ProV 150. It has been nothing but reliable. Still running well to this day.

It is my understanding that the 150-175-200 proV's were all the same motor with just different carbs to restrict the 150 and 175. Is this correct? I have heard the reed valves were different too but they show the same part numbers...

anyhow I have a chance to get a set of Prov 200 carbs (61h-14301-02-00) these should have bigger venturi and jets than the current 150 carbs do. Is there anything else that would be a restriction? This is a pre-electronic ignition, so there shouldn't be any "tune" that would be"de-tuning" it would there? What about exhaust?

long story short, would it be worthwhile to put these 200 carbs on in place of the 150 ones, and what kind of real-world gain would one expect?

More Horsepower requires more fuel and air into and out of a motor.
    dig deeper into what all is different than just the carbs

timing and other thing could be different also, so make sure you look at everything that might be different

Comment

Well I know the 200 carbs have bigger venturi and jets so there is more air/fuel in. . looking into exhaust differences now to see if the extra air can get out as well. . no idea about the timing or such

Comment

The 200 Should have bigger ports

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
          The 200 Should have bigger ports
          Is that ports into and out of the cylinders themselves?

Comment

The blocks are different, the intake is different, the carburetors are different.

All of the differences and similarities can be seen in the Yamaha parts catalogs.

The search for cheap power never ends.

Comment

Working...
            X