87 pro v 150 oil in airbox ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 pro v 150 oil in airbox ?

Took her out yesterday, started ok then excessive blue smoke and ran like crap below 3/4 throttle then wouldn't idle at all as well as hard starting. Pulled the cowl off this morning and bottom of engine compartment had quite a puddle of oil. Pulled off airbox cover and oil is coming from weep hole on lower right corner of airbox. Hose goes from weephole to bottom of engine. Have no idea where to start !

Check that the oil control rod is not broken. If it is, the oil pump will default to the maximum oil setting.

Make sure that all of the oil lines from the carburetor to the intake manifold are secure. No leaks there.

Make sure that the oil line from the oil tank to the oil pump is secure and leak free.

Make sure there are no leaks from the remote oil tank to the main oil tank.

Clean up the mess. Then run the motor at an idle on flush muffs while inspecting all oil lines and fittings.

Comment

Thanks boscoe99! The oil pump rod is all good and see nothing leaking. The oil was coming from the hole I show here. I should have mentioned that when I removed the cover, the gskt was broken on the bottom hence the oil was leaking into the engine compartment from there. Had it not been broken I assume that the oil would have just built up in the airbox. I started it up with the cover off and for whatever reason, no smoke and ran reasonably well. I will add that it has a stumble to it and I noticed that every time it stumbled, gas puked out of a hole on the lower fuel pump. Possibly a problem ?

Comment

Working...
      X