1999 Yamaha 30tlrx(30DETO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Yamaha 30tlrx(30DETO)

I have a new to me 1999 Yamaha 30tlrx (30DETO) I picked up this motor and it was as-is. I am trying to figure out where these leads attach to the motor(or if a part is missing) it does not seem factory to me. there is also a square plug that is disconnected I assume may go to the CDI but not sure. I would appreciate any help or insight. Thanks

Can you provide the complete engine ID?

Comment

big cables look like some sort of jacked up battery cables

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        Can you provide the complete engine ID?
        Thanks for the response here is the engine ID

Attached Files
        Last edited by Gemmini1; 03-24-2022, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Got it. Your mentioning a 30DETO fooled me. That is not a 30DETO. That is a 30TLRX.

Definitely a jacked up backyardigan made part. There are only two heavy wires to the starter motor. One is the negative cable from the battery. The other is the positive power feed wire from the starter motor relay.

You should be able to sort out which is which.

fish that can live with male betta

Comment

Thanks for the reply I was sure that it was Mickey Mouse somehow! My problem has been finding the proper manual one of the places here indicated that the 30 DETO is the worldwide model number I’ve not been able to find a manual that reference specifically the model on my motor just 30 days in general thanks for the input I’ll have a look at it again

Comment

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/LIT-18616-01-94

Comment

Originally posted by Gemmini1 View Post
                Thanks for the reply I was sure that it was Mickey Mouse somehow! My problem has been finding the proper manual one of the places here indicated that the 30 DETO is the worldwide model number I’ve not been able to find a manual that reference specifically the model on my motor just 30 days in general thanks for the input I’ll have a look at it again
                you have not mentioned where your here is, so we have to guess you are in the USA because the TLRX but you might be somewhere else because you mention DETO

Comment

Oh I’m so sorry I guess I just assumed it was in my profile I’m in Canada I actually acquired a avon S345 super sport rib. It had a 99 Yamaha on it and as you can see from the pictures it looks super clean but I’m at the beginning of my journey on this project for restoration and decided to start with the motor I’m not sure where the motor originated actually because I believe the boat itself is European

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    Got it. Your mentioning a 30DETO fooled me. That is not a 30DETO. That is a 30TLRX.

Definitely a jacked up backyardigan made part. There are only two heavy wires to the starter motor. One is the negative cable from the battery. The other is the positive power feed wire from the starter motor relay.

You should be able to sort out which is which.

fish that can live with male betta
                    So to be clear the starter is not grounded to the block but to the battery?

Comment

The starter is grounded to the block on one side. The right side in the illustration above. There is a ground symbol below the attach point for the negative battery cable shown in the illustration.

What may be confusing you is Yamaha showing B for the wire from the starter relay to the starter motor. Which otherwise might be red in colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemmini1 View Post
                        Oh I’m so sorry I guess I just assumed it was in my profile I’m in Canada I actually acquired a avon S345 super sport rib. It had a 99 Yamaha on it and as you can see from the pictures it looks super clean but I’m at the beginning of my journey on this project for restoration and decided to start with the motor I’m not sure where the motor originated actually because I believe the boat itself is European
                        You broke the code. Explains why I could not find a 30TLRX model on the Yamaha USA website. It appears that you have a Canadian model motor.

Comment

Comment

Lol that’s what I wondered!! I did order from the link you suggested as it may be different. The schematic you showed me is more detailed from what is in the manual I presently have. So I’m hoping that is where it was from?

Comment

Yes. All of the images posted are from the 30X Service Manual. Except for the one from the Yamaha USA website.

Comment

Working...
                              X