Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 F300xca Trim assist ram cap change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 F300xca Trim assist ram cap change?

I have a f300xca build date 3/17 that has the larger dust seal 69J with the c clip that snaps in above it and holds it in place. When I look up replacement parts every site I go to shows the old 61A style cap in the parts diagram with the 61a dust cover and the oring inside the cap housing. Did they change them from the single dust cover back to the old style with the oring and dust cover and no snap ring? The parts schematics further confuse me becaue even though they show the old style 61a cap and seal they still show the 6t4 snap ring even thought the 61a cap has no room or groove for it to go. I wanted to change my seals and figured I would replace the cap as well for good measure since they are not that pricy but when ordering the part numbers from Yamahas site for my model I received the old style 61a caps seals and dust covers not the larger cap like came in my motor from the factory. When looking at different years they all list the old 61a cap for all f300s. I searched google to see if someone else ran into this but found no threads. Maybe someone has run into this already and can tell me if I am ok to just use the 61a caps I received from boats. net or do I have to find the ones with just the dust seal? If so does anyone have a part number for the Yamaha larger dust seal with no back up oring cap I can not locate it anywhere though I can find after market caps with the 6t4 clip and the larger 69j dust covers.

Thanks

I am seeing the cap with the snap ring.

https://www.boats.net/search?q=6T4-4...0&ui=typeahead

Comment

Looks like in 2020 they changed the parts. No more snap ring.

Comment

If you look it seems like the cap itself is listed as the 61a-43821 version in all of them with it superseding over the years from 00-09. From the looks of it they changed back to the old style cap with the oring below the dust cover and did away with the cap that came with the 69j seals and the snap ring altogether at least I cant find a part number listed anywhere for it. There are aftermarket ones but I see no oem or even the part number for it just the 61a version listed. Funny how they show the snap ring still but there is no place for it on the 61a cap and even if there were a grove for it the seal is much smaller in diameter so it wouldn't likely fit anyways. usually when they change something they put out a bulletin on the change but I see nothing anywhere I search. I insalled the caps boats sent me and they work fine. I prefer the back up ring over the single dust cover anyways. They seem to last longer than just a seal/dust cover combo without the oring.

Comment

I am not seeing Yamaha go back in part numbers. For the F300 Offshore models;

61A-43821-00-00 was used 0411 ~ 1212. Superceded by 09-00.

61A-43821-01-00 was used 0113 ~1219 ~. Superceded by 09-00.

61A-43821-02-00 was used 0120 ~ 1221. Still a good part number.

Comment

From what I can tell my 2017 f300xca came with a different assist caps from the factory than what I can find now. My original assist caps just have a dust cover/seal and no o ring below in the cap and also have a snap ring with a grove machined into the cap to hold the dust cover/seal in place. When I looked up a 2017xca on boats they listed the cap part number as 61A-43821-01-00 so I ordered those. When they arrived they were different than the assist caps that came on my motor. They have a o ring below the dust cover and there is no snap ring grove or even room for one to fit above the dust cover. The actual hole is smaller on the 61a cap where the dust covers sit than on the caps that came off my motor with just the dust covers and the 6T4 snap ring above the dust covers. I think they must have changed it because when I searched the 61a number another dealer sites page comes up with the 61a cap and it says that it now replaces all previous caps or something similar to that. I will post it. Whats really got me confused is the schmatic on Yamaha and boats both show the single dust cover with the 6T4 snap ring on there sites but they list 61a dust cover with the 6T4 snap ring on top. If you tried to put the 61a dust cover in the assist caps that came on my motors they would fall out the hole is much larger. It would be nice to see something definitive stating that the parts I ordered from boats are correct. Either way I installed them today and they are all working perfectly so far. I guess I will just keep an eye on them and see what happens.

My factory caps.
            image hosting website

The 61A caps that have a smaller dust cover no snap ring and a o ring below in the bottom of the cap. As far as I can tell this is the cap that now goes on my motor or at least its what comes when you order the part number shown on the schematic for a 2017XCA

Comment

Working...
            X