My Oscilloscope Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Oscilloscope Training

It has been a struggle. Too many damn buttons to push. Birds keep eating my bread crumbs.

Display is not very photographable.

I see rms at 126V and Hz at 59.6888

looking at the manual, my eyes crossed/
    way too much info at this time, have some beer in me right now.
    I will need to look again after I get back from the farm sat
    Last edited by 99yam40; 03-17-2022, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I got my eye on a mini scope that is used for automotive purposes these days mostly,,,but can be used for for what ever you want. No so many buttons!!!

Comment

A Pico scope? I have recently stumbled across those while looking at YouTube videos. Perhaps I should have gotten one of those instead.

Speaking of the many buttons. They open up menu trees. Too many selections.

I guess it is like anything, once understood it will be easier to use.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 03-18-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          A Pico scope? I have recently stumbled across those while looking at YouTube videos. Perhaps I should have gotten one of those instead.

Speaking of the many buttons. They open up menu trees. Too many selections.

I guess it is like anything, once understood it will be easier to use.
          Yes I was looking at the Pico scope. I watch a YouTube channel called South Main Auto and this guy does all kinds of diagnosis on cars and uses pico scope. He usually figures out what other shops have shot the parts canon at. Also does general mechanical stuff as well..check it out, great teacher.

I am looking more for a car scanner with a build in scope, they are coming down in price all the time. I have a Autel scanner now that can do a fair bit of stuff but would like a better one to fool with.

Comment

Pan, what is your source of basic aircraft maintenance training materials? Do y'all use any FAA stuff?

Comment

When I was in school we used a bunch of different books, Airframe, flight controls, structures, power plant, AC43-13...and rotary wing. AC43-13 being the only FAA book.

Once you leave school and if you work on anything other then general aviation aircraft, which I do, then it's all manufacture type training. So each different aircraft has it's own training programs.

We have to know FAA regs to work on American registration Aircraft. We have a contract right now with an American operator Pacific Southwest Airlines doing heavy maintenance on their Bombardier CRJ-900's. Transport Canada and the FAA have nearly identical regs. Just finished a contract for a Latvian airline doing heavy maintenance on their fleet of Bombardier Dash-8 400's...so EASA regs as well. European regs are a fair bit different then ours.

Comment

FAA has issued an airframe book, powerplant book and general handbook. Are you familiar with those?

​​​​​​

Comment

Oh I forgot...avionics and electrical books as well. Generally one tends to focus on one or two disciplines. I myself have all licenses except avionics, rotary wing and general aviation( aircraft 10,000 lbs and less)

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

Yes I was looking at the Pico scope. I watch a YouTube channel called South Main Auto and this guy does all kinds of diagnosis on cars and uses pico scope. He usually figures out what other shops have shot the parts canon at. Also does general mechanical stuff as well..check it out, great teacher.

"Eric O", in upstate NY... Extremely well versed in his occupation..

Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

"Eric O", in upstate NY... Extremely well versed in his occupation..
                      He's a mechanics mechanic!....lol

Comment

As long as he stays up in NY we be happy. OK to be a Yankee. Don't go being a damn Yankee.

Know the difference?

Comment

yep, one will not go home

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                            yep, one will not go home
                            And will then to proceed to suggest changes be made so that his new home is more like the place from which he left.

Comment

You should see the corrosion issues he deals with up there... Really, really bad that road salt is...

I'd let him wrench on my car any day..

A "Rodbolt", but for 4 wheelers...
                              Scott
                              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                              X