Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tach rigging kit installed now i need help, please

hey folks,

i just got around to installing my new tach rigging kit part no. 6YR-W0035-E1-00 on my 1989 grady with a 1994 200sws. everything was plug and play and installed pretty easily, now i have a couple of problems and questions, first problem is tach reads "0" with engine running and tilt/trim display is a little bouncy. all dip switches are set correctly and double checked. original tach(analog) and original trim gauge worked properly with original engine. when i had the newer engine installed tach and trim gauge would not match and dealer said i need to purchase a new digital tach kit which i did. new tach kit did not come with any instructions on how to use the new gauge. the new gauge has two buttons that say "SET" and "MODE", don't know what these two fucntions are for ? does new tach need to calibrated ? do i need to go to a specific mode to make things work ? any help would be greatly apprediated ....

thanks, stoney

http://www.boats.net/kbase/yamaha/ya...tallation.html
    Is the link to the installation guide. Check to see if dip switch's are set to your model engine and check that the green wire is connected to tach to get the tach signal from engine.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X