Keeps running again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Werdsdrew View Post
    99yam, You were right all along. To answer your last question, as I wasn't very clear in my post, I only had the initial trouble pulling it out of gear. You were correct with the regards to something fell in the path of the linkage. I couldn't initially see it the way the motor was positioned. Today the boat positioned the opposite direction when we were working on it. I noticed even before the tech arrived that a 20mm bolt from the fly wheel cover was in the way of the shift rod. We removed the bolt and water tested with no problems. I've got a picture of where the bolt was but I'm not sure how to attach. Thanks for all the help !
    Last week I had a f 225 , that had a rusted detent assembly, ball bearing stuck out, motor shifted hard, then locked up , I had hoped it was a bolt like you found ,I am glad you found the problem , I had to pull the power head

Comment

Yep, the hard coming out of gear is what made me think of the loose object binding things up.

Should have looked better 2 days ago

Glad you are back in business,

how much did it cost to have the bolt picked out of there?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        Yep, the hard coming out of gear is what made me think of the loose object binding things up.
        That's my problem and the internet..

I assume (yes I know) things are bolted where they belong, basic maintenance, actually looking at things before getting into possible deeper issues.

Good call BTW..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X