Prv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prv

OK, kids.... This has to get cleared up.. I'm not Japanese.. So, PRV stands for Pressure Relief Valve is to maintain water pressure in a Outboard cooling System. A PCV is a Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve. One is water and the last one is engine breathing...... SOO Simple....

Huh?

I don't know what you are smoking Keith but how about sending us some of it.

Comment

Hi boscoe, I am way past doing party stuff. Been there,, done that !! I keep seeing on this site folks calling a pressure relief valve a PCV. Thats wrong. A PRV opens around 20 lbs of pressure in the cooling system. Basic spring thimble valve. A PCV is a vacuum valve for engine breathing control. as a engine runs its creates positive air output from the pistons pumping. And blowbye. PCV valve will control engine air. A basic con*****ed vacuum leak. Very old tec stuff
      like since the 40s. PRV is water pressure control. When a outboard is running up on plane the water pressure is being Jammed with incoming water. It MUST be allowed to lwr pressure. Very simple. Nothing new here. Most folks just don't get it !

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
        I keep seeing on this site folks calling a pressure relief valve a PCV. Thats wrong. ... Most folks just don't get it !

Comment

OK, if you want to be told by the Japs what to call a part,, so be it. Your right.. I'm wrong. My first day on the job. So

Comment

Pressure Relief Valve/Pressure Control Valve = different names for the same part. The valve is relieving pressure to keep the pressure under control. Quite common in the English language to have different names for the same part.

I am not understanding the reference to a Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve when someone is discussing a Yamaha cooling system.

Completely different functions. Completely different applications.

Comment

Correct completely different functions and applications. If u want to believe what some one calls a part, fine, knock yourself out with it. You seem like a smart guy so I also assume that blow Joe on a website calling/writing a PCV rather than the correct PRV is smarter more correct than me ?? Get a Grip. Why do I have with such after SOO many YRs deal with such. ?? Only here on this blogg do I get disrespect. And none of u are on the biz..............
              Last edited by Keithbaja; 03-13-2022, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I wish that we had standardized terminology. Won't be happening in my lifetime. Internet is making it worse.

I learned just recently that a Yamaha multifunction display is also known as a control link.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
                  Correct completely different functions and applications. If u want to believe what some one calls a part, fine, knock yourself out with it. You seem like a smart guy so I also assume that blow Joe on a website calling/writing a PCV rather than the correct PRV is smarter more correct than me ?? Get a Grip. Why do I have with such after SOO many YRs deal with such. ?? Only here on this blogg do I get disrespect. And none of u are on the biz..............
                  I knew a guy who acted just like you do in my "biz" and because of that he can't find a job here in North America..nobody wont hire him. Last I heard he was doing work in SH African countries and probably got malaria by now. Great mechanic, super smart but can't get along with anyone...his way or the highway, extremely vocal about how good he was...ect

Respect sir is earned... not just given just because you jump up and down and say you want like a little kid.

I told you this before....if you dont like dealing with back yard "outboard mechanics" then this no place for you. Why dont you consider just finding another forum and go away if we get on your nerves so bad? I dont understand why you keep coming here.

Panasonic

Comment

PCV acronym has been the established in the USA for over 70 YRs. Panasonic. I don't need Respect from anyone here. I know who I am. With somewhere around 2K POBs on my vessels. Alaska, Hawaii, panama, Costa Rica, Nicky, mexico, 38 winters in Baja (Sea of Cortez) and all over Cali. I work at 7.11 can I get you a free slurpee ?
                    Last edited by Keithbaja; 03-14-2022, 02:24 AM.

Comment

"Only here on this blogg do I get disrespect. And none of u are on the biz.............."

Your words, not mine.

I like lime slurpees!

Comment

U got it mate.. Sent on dry ice like I sent fish from ALASKA down to the lwr 48..... Insomnia sucks. (Mine). Just took two unisom and washing down with a beer.
                        my doctor would beat me !! Funny part here is I just got on YOF now and there's your post.. Are u not back east ?.. Please excuse my sometimes rudness. Its not who I am..

Comment

No problem...I have had sleep problems most of my adult life and poor sleep can make you do and say many things you would not normally. I am from eastern Canada. Take it easy.

Comment

Always have wanted to fish Prince Edwards Island. Have driven B.C. and Yukon on six trips to ALaska and back. B.C. is GODS country. U folks have a great country except for pm Trudeau. 90 % of white folks I meet in Baja Sur Mex. In the winters are from Vancouver. We all get along great. we are called Yanks and we teasing call them cheeseheads due to Chillawack proximity to Vancouver. One the most beautiful city's in the world. Can't wait for boat season... out

Comment

Can’t quite get why you Upunder get so uptight and very defensive about what words that are used. Yes it can be a problem not exactly knowing what a part is called but gradually we all understand if we are not treated as complete idiots. My childhood was full of BS people until I became more educated.

Comment

Working...
                              X