Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling question for yamaha f60

Hello,
    I have a question about this motor. If I start this motor cold, should I see water coming out the pee hole, or does the engine have to reach a certain temperature to open a thermostat before water comes out?
    Thanks

The thermostat does not have to be open for water to come from a Yamaha tell tale. Water should begin to flow within about 15 - 30 seconds or so. Assumes the boat is in the water.

Comment

The "pee hole" is pretty small and it doesn't take much to clog up.

You may have other issues if its not peeing, but start by cleaning the hoses, the plastic visable end, etc. An air compressor is a big help..
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I have good flow out the pee hole when I hook the hose up to the flush port.
        But when I put it in the lake, a very weak stream comes out.
        I purchased a water pump kit. When disassembling the lower unit, I ran into an issue. There is a grounding cable (I think) connecting all the units. The only way I can see to drop the lower unit, is to cut this cable. How do you reconnect it?
        Thank, all for your relies.

Comment

Are you sure its a cable and not a black rubber hose for the speedometer?

There should be a small male to male hose connector (sometimes zipped on).

Can you snap a pic and post it if it is indeed a ground? It should be as one isn't needed..
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X