Oil and overheat sensor cable colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil and overheat sensor cable colors

From this prior link http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...s-th25497.html I'm nearly done. The tachometer is now working well and the 703 con*****er is good.

But, I need help on two last pieces - the low oil pressure and overheat indicators. I have a 2004 F60 (F60TLRC). Exactly which wires send the ground signal to the front of the boat. As mentioned before, I have one connector that has pink, 2 pink/black, and 1 pink/white wire. I believe that the pink is the trim sensor indicator.

So, at the engine end, which is the low oil pressure and overheat cable colors?

Thanks.

Anyone?? Beuller?

Comment

look in the 2005 marine tech guide.
      I don't have one here at the house.
      but its there.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have the service manual (and the supplemental). But, unfortunately Yamaha has seen to it that the two leads from these sensors (oil and overheat) go into the ECM - and nothing about what goes on within the box.

I'm an computer person, so I'd be able to read logic manuals and such, but this information isn't in the service manual. Where are these marine tech guides found?

Thanks

Comment

Where does one find the marine tech guide?

Thanks

Comment

Probably need to ask at your local Yamaha dealer if they would share

Comment

Do you think they'd know? Hopefully someone on this forum has an F60 vintage 2004 or 2003 that connects to a tach with warning lights in the front. Then they could share what cable colors they are bringing to the front - and which go to the overheat and to the low oil pressure warning lights.

Seems pretty simple to me!

Comment

My thought is that the techs at the dealer would get the marine tech guides from Yamaha

Comment

Working...
                X