Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigging an older Yamaha oil tank on a 2005 115hp

Hi all,

Well, I spent a very frustrating weekend trying to rig the new Yamaha 115 to my Boston Whaler. I cannot find the oil tank plug on the main engine harness to connect the oil tank wiring harness. On the 2005 Yamaha main engine harness I have the following connections:

- The main round plug
    - A small 2 wire connection that is already mated to another wire (that looks like it goues to the trim sender on the outboard)
    - A 4 pin female plug
    - A 4 pin male plug

The two 4 pin plugs are connected to a brand new Yamaha digital tach gauge via the $180 yamaha harness. The main round plug is connected to the main wiring harness that connects to the ignition, tilt switch, etc.

I've searched through the archives on this site and it seems that one of the above mentioned 4 pin plugs may indeed be for the oil tank harness because the wire colors are Blue, Brown, Black, Black/Red..... If this is the case, where does the other tach harness plug go?

So all of the plugs on the engine main harness are used and there is no place to connect the oil tank wiring. One thing to note--I bought the 1999 Yamaha oil tank and 1999 Yamaha oil tank harness off ebay, so I dont know if they are compatible with a 2005 motor's wiring... though I don't know why Yamaha would change the wiring on a motor that is going to be phased out.

Please help!

Thanks, Ed

The oil tank harness connects to the blue colored connector and the gauge harness only uses 1 of the white connectors on the 2005 engine, the other connector on gauge harnes is not used.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X