Low Water Pressure no Alarms 2013 F150XA 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Water Pressure no Alarms 2013 F150XA 4 stroke

Motor is a 2013 4 stroke F150XA HP. New water pump,housing and seals, new thermostat and pressure relief valve. Hose from thermostat to tell tell clear. Very little to no flow on ears or in water at idle. Flow does not pick up at tell tell at speed but not overheating or alarm. Any ideas ? Thank You !
    Last edited by dtacmed900; 03-09-2022, 05:36 PM.

Did u change the water pump discharge seal. The new pump body dosnt come with one. Common mistake people make

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
      Did u change the water pump discharge seal. The new pump body dosnt come with one. Common mistake people make
      I gave up and took it back to the local dealer. They had just did a 100 service before this started. I'll check with them. They have been trying to track down the problem for 2 days.

Comment

I have to say 95% of new to me customers is rework of other shops, aka Stealer ships and the like. Just having fancy YAMAHA dealer sign and Stupid plaques and certificate hanging on the wall. don't mean shit in the real world. Ask other boaters about getting their boat repair done. That's priceless. A top notch guy won't be working for a dealership.... Why would you work for someone if your good ????

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
          I have to say 95% of new to me customers is rework of other shops, aka Stealer ships and the like. Just having fancy YAMAHA dealer sign and Stupid plaques and certificate hanging on the wall. don't mean shit in the real world. Ask other boaters about getting their boat repair done. That's priceless. A top notch guy won't be working for a dealership.... Why would you work for someone if your good ????
          I'll probably try to do my own work in the future. Since I had paid for the 100 hr service I took it back to them.

Comment

Anyone ? any other suggestions ?

Comment

What does the shop that is looking at it have to say?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                What does the shop that is looking at it have to say?
                They are scratching their heads cannot find anything wrong except the lack of water flow

Comment

Originally posted by dtacmed900 View Post
                  Motor is a 2013 4 stroke F150XA HP. New water pump,housing and seals, new thermostat and pressure relief valve. Hose from thermostat to tell tell clear. Very little to no flow on ears or in water at idle. Flow does not pick up at tell tell at speed but not overheating or alarm. Any ideas ? Thank You !
                  Well lets go over this again.
                  who and when did the new pump, housing, stats, seals, and PRV get installed?
                  did they install a kit or just the impellor?
                  how long ago was the 100 hour service done?
                  9 years of running to get to 100hours is not much run time per year
                  could be some build up in passages

you speak of low pressure, but never mention the pressure being measured.
                  so if you are just referring to how hard the telltale is pushing water out, I would be looking at the other things that the water runs thru before exiting.
                  I am guessing it runs thru a fuel cooler, but I am not positive

Comment

It has a fuel cooler. Might want to check the hose all the way back to the exhaust cover.

Maybe check the PCV to ensure that it is closing fully.

Comment

Well lets go over this again.
                      who and when did the new pump, housing, stats, seals, and PRV get installed?
                      did they install a kit or just the impellor?
                      how long ago was the 100 hour service done?
                      9 years of running to get to 100hours is not much run time per year
                      could be some build up in passages

you speak of low pressure, but never mention the pressure being measured.
                      so if you are just referring to how hard the telltale is pushing water out, I would be looking at the other things that the water runs thru before exiting.
                      I am guessing it runs thru a fuel cooler, but I am not positive
                      Purchased the boat in November ran fine with water from tell tell. Decided to have the 100 service since I don't know the motor history it was done December. New Pump kit housing , impeller etc. Noticed no water at tell tell after about 2 hours of running at all speeds. Never ran hot no alarm or low rpm kick in. Pulled out of water checked water line to tell tell it was clear, Checked Thermostat it was ok also pulled poppet valve seemed ok. Called back to service center and took back to them. They went through everything again even replacing the entire water pump kit again. still very little water coming out but not over heating.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                        It has a fuel cooler. Might want to check the hose all the way back to the exhaust cover.

Maybe check the PCV to ensure that it is closing fully.

Already checked

Comment

Originally posted by dtacmed900 View Post

Already checked
                          already check what?

how did you check that there is good or bad water flow out of the exhaust cover into the fuel cooler and then out of the fuel cooler?

Comment

already check what?

how did you check that there is good or bad water flow out of the exhaust cover into the fuel cooler and then out of the fuel cooler?
                            Checked tubing from fitting below the Thermostat through the fuel cooler to the tell tell no blockages able to blow through it without any resistance. Pulled the tube off this fitting while running on muffs only a trickle

Comment

did you pull it off at the exhaust cover also to compare flow rates?
                              that would tell you if there is a flow problem coming out of the motor or just out of the cooler
                              Last edited by 99yam40; 03-12-2022, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X