Static flush problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static flush problem

My 2016 F20SEA flushed as expected the first several times I used it.(recently purchased). After a 1 hour run in the river yesterday with no issues, the garden hose would not send water through the engine flushing hose, except for a fast drip through the prop. The ear muff flusher works fine - good flow through telltale. Any thoughts on what to look for?

I'm not familiar with this specific model year...but 4 stroke yams are reputed to have a fairly pitiful telltale discharge. Keep in mind the water pressure coming from your garden hose is a major factor with the water discharging from telltale. May want to check garden hose pressure...or try a different water spigot and see if any change in telltale.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Always use a dual feed earmuffs !!

Comment

To be clear....
        I am more concerned with my own personal "flow" than of that from the motor's telltale. The issue is that water will not flow through the static flush hose. I have ordered a water pump replacement kit. Hopefully that will reveal a problem.

Comment

Water flow through the garden hose flush fitting has nothing whatsoever to do with the water pump.

The hose from the garden hose fitting to the motor is somewhat small. Use the shortest length of garden hose at the highest water pressure you can muster. Valve at the house needs to be turned wide open.

I am not envisioning any scenario from running the motor in the river that would affect the water flow that can enter the block via the flush hose fitting

Comment

something in the water hose went into the motors system and plugged it up

you would be surprised at what can crawl into or grows inside that long water hose when not in use

Comment

99yam40, you my best new friend!
              I removed that hose from the tee beside the fuel pump, and found a 2 inch long anole up to it's hips in the tee.
              It came out in one piece, now motor flushes fine.
              Thank you!

Comment

good to hear it was that simple
                I had to look up what an anole is

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

you would be surprised at what can crawl into or grows inside that long water hose when not in use
                  I have a bit of a phobia about this. It stems from when I was very small and got bitten on the tongue by a bee drinking from the garden tap! Met Anna Philactic!

Good practice generally to tape off all manner of hoses and pipes when stored but not sure how practical this would be with a garden hose but having a sprayer attached (clicked on ) will do the same.

Comment

yep around here any open tube gets a nest in it and a cap plugging it off by some insect

Comment

Yep, learned the hard way YRs ago. Tape off the hoses and your save yourself some major grief. I recommend the painters tape (blue) and heres one for u all. With a small screw take the blue tape (1Inch) and put a small hole in the middle... Stick screw thru hole, load in screwdriver, squeez the tape and install said screw. Phillips, flat or for anyone here that knows what a JIS screwdriver is ? Also a sharpee and I'd hose. P or S.. F aft
                      Last edited by Keithbaja; 03-06-2022, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keithbaja View Post
                        Yep, learned the hard way YRs ago. Tape off the hoses and your save yourself some major grief. I recommend the painters tape (blue) and heres one for u all. With a small screw take the blue tape (1Inch) and put a small hole in the middle... Stick screw thru hole, load in screwdriver, squeez the tape and install said screw. Phillips, flat or for anyone here that knows what a JIS screwdriver is ? Also a sharpee and I'd hose. P or S.. F aft
                        anyone have a translation of his writing to English

Comment

Has PETA been in contact with you yet?

Comment

anyone have a translation of his writing to English
                            It is a language unknown to me.

Comment

Thanks 99yam. I have learned a valuable lesson here today.

In my wildest imagination it never crossed my mind to think that someone would connect a hose to the Yam garden hose flush port without first having run water through the hose. I now know better.

Adding this to my knowledge base.

Comment

Working...
                              X