2002 200 ox66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 200 ox66

Hello all, My outboard has 250 hours on it, she runs pretty good. low end idol perfect, 4000 RPMS no problem, I rarely go over 4500 rpms, don't need to. The last trip out I noticed as I was easing out of my favorite hole, running about 1500-1700 rpms the motor sounded ...garbled??? Hard to describe. But my 24 year old son looked back at motor and looked at me. I punched it and she picked up and ran like normal. But now it seems it sounds garbled when im easing up on plane around 1500-2000 rpms. Now if I am cruising in and dropping the rpms, she sounds fine. Like when your coming in to your fishing area, slowing down wise. I run pure gas, 87 octane, filters are clean and or new. The gas I thought was old, I had 15 gallons left in my tank from last year, so I got 20 gallons of 92 octane to kind of blend in with the old gas left in tank to help bring up the octane of the older gas. The plugs were looked at, and cleaned last March but not changed. Took it to the boat shed and the wife decides to have a heart attack. She is fine but the boat sat from last fall to july only being ran in the driveway, on muffs once every month or 2. Poppet valve was cleaned last spring 2014 , but the boat was not used much last year due to me being in a bad car accident. Im fine too. But im thinking this might be dirty injectors??? But i'm not the expert. I do regular PM's every spring on her, and have not had any problems other than this. Maybe I should run her at 5500 rpms and blow out dirty injectors???
    Am I chasing ghost again?? Thanks

***! You've had your share of troubles. Glad everyone is OK.
    If you stabilized the gas, you should be fine with gas . Here in the NE we let the boats sit for many months during the harsh winters. Have you done the typical OX66 maintenance such as cleaning/replacing the VST filter, lp pumps and engine gas filter? Most OX66 issues are fuel delivery related.

Comment

Thanks Nick

Well to be honest, no, no, yes. I will get a VST and low pressure pumps tomorrow. These have not been changed since I've bought it.
      Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
      X