F115 loss of power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 loss of power.

2002 F115 ran fine when I put it away last year and fired right up in the garage but when I brought it up to the lake it won't even turn 4k rpms, propped for 6k. Also has a slight vibration and sounds muffled. I'm running a 10 micron racor filter and had my injectors cleaned last year. Thought the vst may need cleaned so I ran a fuel pressure check but it shows good at 40psi. Pulled the plugs and number 3 is wet. Injector possibly sticking open? Any help would be great as I'm on my vacation and can't find a mechanic to look at it before I go home.

no spark or too much or too little fuel for the spark to fire off would be my guess too

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      no spark or too much or too little fuel for the spark to fire off would be my guess too
      Think I'm on the right track. Yanked the injector out of the number 3 cyli der with the plug that has been wet every time I pulled it and did a mcgyver cleaning on it that I saw on youtube. Took it back out and got it up to 5400 rpms. Going to check the plugs again now and maybe clean the injector once more then fhrow a can of seafoam in it and see if I can't get through vacation with it.

Scheduled an appointment with my regular mechanic to flush the fuel system, change the vst filter and check my timing belt and valves in August. Hopefully that will take care of everything.

Comment

there are places that will test and clean injectors,
        send as found and left testing info

Comment

Yeah, that's what I did last year was sent them out to have them cleaned but never cleaned the vst filter. Taking care of that next if I can get through this vacation then I will send them out again to be cleaned properly and hopefully that will be the end of this problem. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X