Please help! Misfire diagnosis 2011 Yamaha f70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! Misfire diagnosis 2011 Yamaha f70

Aloha. I recently bought a boat from my friend. And I’m super embarrassed to admit this. But while doing the compression test ourselves, we disconnected the fuel, but did not pull the kill switch on the key lanyard. Halfway through the test, the whole engine died. No power, nothing. We disconnect the battery and retry. Everything goes well. Good compression. Engine starts fine, but now has a misfire. Changed to new spark plugs, but still misfiring. Did I possibly burn out the ignition coil assembly when doing the test? I figure that would be the next spot to check since I know the spark plugs are new. Engine was fine before this during the sea trial so it was definitely me effing up the compression test that caused this. Please help

2011 Yamaha f70

do you have a spark tester?
    or maybe a timing light to see it you are getting spark to all plugs?

need to find out if you have a spark of fuel problem

By the way did the motor start up while you were testing the compression?
    kind of sounds like it did if it died 1/2 way thru the test.
    Last edited by 99yam40; 02-15-2022, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Ok thank you. And no the motor never started. We had the fuel disconnected and spark plugs were out. It only cranked over. Then at the 2nd cylinder when went to crank the engine over. CLICK. Went dead and that’s when we disconnected the battery and reconnected it to get the test going again

Comment

Working...
      X