Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha F150 starboard outboard won't start without squeezing bulb - all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha F150 starboard outboard won't start without squeezing bulb - all the time

I have twin 2008 Yamaha F150's 4 stroke, and one engine (Port) starts all the time, just fine. The other one (Starboard) will not start unless I squeeze the fuel bulb. Once both engines are started they run fine, so I think the fuel pumps on them must be fine. But once I turn off the Starboard engine and try to start it again, the same problem exists. Any ideas as to what might be the culprit ?

How many times do you have to squeeze the bulb?
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by gulfoslides View Post
      I have twin 2008 Yamaha F150's 4 stroke, and one engine (Port) starts all the time, just fine. The other one (Starboard) will not start unless I squeeze the fuel bulb. Once both engines are started they run fine, so I think the fuel pumps on them must be fine. But once I turn off the Starboard engine and try to start it again, the same problem exists. Any ideas as to what might be the culprit ?
      I'm assuming, based on the way you worded this, you're referring to an immediate restart. That's not right. It should start right back up. Even after sitting for a long time (days). As long as there's fuel in the VST it should start. Observe the fuel level in the F/W sep on the engine (typically 1/2 to 2/3 full). If good there, drain the VST - you should get quite a bit of fuel out of there - say, roughly, a spaghetti jar full (or maybe about 2/3, anyways).
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
      X